Sadie is at the Vet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
Poor Sadie.. my teenage Orange kitten is at the vet. Took her in this morning because she has a hernia due to her being fixed a couple of months ago. Roudy little flying squirrel must of popped a stitch. Now she is having to have a guts put back where they belong. Sigh ~~

This time around she will be kenneled until the Vet says she is healed.

Here's a picture of her sleeping.

asadiesleep.jpg

She also has a stifle problem.. which well will have to deal with after she gets over this surgery. Free kitten is running up quite a bill. Sigh ~~

Most important thing though.. is I hope she comes through this OK.

what a sweet face! I hope she does well with the "restuffing"

I had a cat years ago that had one patella that would luxate. We never had to do surgery thank goodness. She never seemed to be in pain and tended to hop with her back legs the vet said she was smart and knew how not to stress the joint.

Thank you!

I will have to tell my Vet that. She has never heard of a cat having a stilfe problem.

Sadie, will come to us if she can, so we can pop the joint back in. Once we do, she is off running and playing until the next time it pops out.

Was just hoping she will out grow it.

She's a cutie for sure. Our Larry had a patella that luxated and would get stuck due to a jump he took off a rafter from the basement. When it would get locked he'd cry and roll around and you could just tell he was miserable. Took him to the vet and got some meds for him...I forget which ones tho as this was a few years ago. When it'd lock on ocassion I'd pick him up and let his lower body hang for a couple of seconds (think: picking him up from under the arms and letting his legs dangle) and for some reason that would help it slide back into place. After a bit it never happened again. It just fixed itself thank goodness. I'm hoping that Sadie's does too.

Thank you Sterling for letting me know that. My Vet is still not quite believing it I am thinking. Do plan on taking a video short of her, since she never does it in front of the Vet. Nice to know Sadie isn't the only one with a Stifle issue.

I either pick up her back end slightly (front feet still on the ground) and it will sometimes pop back into place..or if she is laying down I can massage it in just the right way and feel it pop back it.

She is now home,, I think too early as she is very groggy. Pulls the heart strings on the way home, with her tiny little meows. But I now have her in the special kennel with towels over it to keeps things quiet for her. Vet said it should wear off around 8pm tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad your cat is home. Tell your vet to pick up his medical book, or do a search on google. :DOH!

Latest posts

Back