Saddness at Mulligans Run Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulligans Run

Reaction score
I knew that the day would come when one of my horses would cross the rainbow bridge, but I never thought it would be this soon, under these circumstances or that it would be my beloved Latigo. My father found her yesterday on top of a hill in the woods. We had just had a really bad lightening storm and we originally thought she had been hit by lightening. When I regained my composure enough to think I requested an autopsy and it was determined that she had an impaction in her stomach and her intestines.

I can't bear this loss and I can't understand why she showed absolutely no signs. She was eating, drinking, running, bucking and kicking that very morning. With the other colics we've had we were able to see signs and catch it before it became bad. Latigo was my favorite horse, my baby, my confidant and my friend and I will miss her more than I can even imagine. We were so close that I felt she could read my thoughts. I would sit in her stall on the floor and just talk to her - she was my stress relief and she got me through some very bad times...and I wasn't there when she needed me the most.

Please understand my absence for awhile. This has been a hard enough week without this happening too. I know I'll get through this...in time....but right now it's very hard.

Here is my baby, Latigo....may she find comfort over the Rainbow Bridge and I pray that she knows how very much she meant to me.

f62af4ea.jpg

Oh Hon, my heart just cries with you. She is a lovely mare and only time and knowing she's happy and whole waiting for you could possibly give you any comfort. Hugs and prayers.

Heather, I'm so sorry. I know she meant the world to you. Maybe she had something else going on as well as the impaction, it does seem she would have shown you signs of discomfort.

Jan

I am so sorry for your loss. Take your time to grieve and pay her tribute, and come to terms with the change in your relationship. The best part of her is still there with you and always will be. I am sad to know that the part you really want is gone, but rest assured, you will find the right place in your heart as time passes.

You did all you could for her, and it was meant to be out of your hands. It is likely there was nothing you could do to reverse this outcome and anything else would have just been an ordeal for you both.

Please know that my thoughts are with you,

Liz M.

I am so very sorry for your loss I wish words alone would take away your pain

Heather I know how badly this is hurting you. It is hard to understand any of this and why they leave us when they do. I know that Latigo was surrounded by Angels on the hilltop and she did not suffer at all. She knew it would be too painful to say good-bye to you so she left with them quietly on the hill wanting to spare you any more pain than you are now going through. The lightening you saw was guiding the Angels towards her and the next breeze you feel blowing through your hair will be her soaring softly above you fluttering her new wings. She will always still be with you.

I am so sorry for your devastating loss. My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of pain and sorrow, and I will say a prayer for you and Latigo to find peace. What a horrible shock this must have been. My condolences.

Leia

I am so, so sorry. It never, ever gets easier....

From our farm's memorial page...

To those we have loved and lost...

...you made our lives better by your presence.

You showed us unconditional love, joy and made us richer with the gifts you shared, no matter how short your time on this earth.

Although our hearts ache with you gone, they overflow with the depth of the legacy of your love.

Goodbye dear friends and

until we meet again....

...Wind to thy wings

OH dear. I am so sorry. There is nothing I can say that will help, but please know that you are not alone in your feelings. I and many others on this forum have lost their equivelant of a "soul mate" all to soon. At least take comfort knowing that she passed quickly, and that she knew how much you loved her. She passed at home where she was surrounded by the things she loved. And also remember that she will be there watching over you and waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

Many hugs to you and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Heather,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose one so unexpectedly. I lost a beautiful frame overo yearling filly last year with no warning. She was to remain in my breeding herd to produce loud colored foals. She was fine one minute and I found her dead 3 hours later. Quite a shock! No necropsy was done, but I believe her death was too sudden to attribute to colic. I believe she had an aneurism or a heart attack. So sad....

OMG--Heather I am so very sorry I can't even find the words. I can't even imagine...please know I am thinking of you and your precious girl.

-Amy

I am SOO very sorry for your loss!! I hope that the coming days will be better for you... it is a very hard thing to lose something you love.

-Kris

Latest posts

Back