Saddle brand?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToMini's

Reaction score
I bought 2 used saddles today (English saddles). One doesn't have anything on it about the brand, the other has a little metal thing (lol) for the brand. But I can't figure out what brand it is. Here is a picture of the metal thing. Can anyone tell me the brand?

IMAG0929.jpg

K Mfg Co - I cannot tell you anything about it but I have seen other people ask about these saddles on various forums.

Someone suggested it is Kings Saddlery, in the UK I think, but their website Doesn't seem to he working. I don't know if Kings is the same company or not.

Thanks
default_smile.png
I went to King's Saddlery's website (it's working now), and it's a western tack shop. My saddle is English, so I don't think that's it.

Here's the link to King's Saddlery in the UK, perhaps you can contact them and see if it's one of theirs, the website is working at the moment: http://www.kingsaddlery.co.uk/index.htm

Oops, I see the link is posted, but there website does have a contact e-mail, so try sending htem the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't really look like the saddles they have on their website, so I don't think it's theirs. But I did send them an email, so I'll let you all know if/when they get back to me
default_smile.png

If it is one of theirs it could be old enough to not fit their current style/craftsmanship. Perhaps since it's from England, they might know who does make it, if not them.

I do not really believe it to be a King's. I have found records of a K manufacturing co. In records as early as 1920 and as late as 1960. I believe they also manufactured metal hardware like spurs, bits, stirrup irons and conchos, buttons. I have seen "vintage" english saddles with this logo before but never on modern style saddles or western saddles.

You might try posting the picture of the stamp on other horse groups or maybe a FB group and see what you get.

Latest posts

Back