Sad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Reaction score
I'm sad and frightened by many of the posts I'm reading of late. I can't believe some of the crazy, down right untrue and nasty things people are saying about Obama. In the United States we are entitled to have different political views. It can be a learning experience to share different ideas and understand different opinions. This is not what is happening here. Attacking a persons character in a "mob" like way is frightening. It almost reminds me of the way some Germans found a "right" to go after the Jews. Obama is a man of character and has always presented this in his words, actions and behavior. He talks about how we are a country of different backgrounds, religions and ideas but that we are all members of the United States. He wants us to be "one" (United States) as we are stronger as a country focusing on our common threads. McCain is a devider in my opion, his goal is to devide us into disagreeing groups. He and Palin have been attacking Obama because they can't win on substance of ideas. If he could, why doesn't he? Obama attacks McCain on politics but not his person. In my opinion he could. Palin too. He hasn't because he actually has intregity. That means alot in my book. If you don't share his politics that is one thing but to spread untruths and nasty comments only presents you in poor way. Fight your opinion on politics.

chico

I'll say this. I feel bad for the people who are concerned that Obama's going to turn this into a Communist country or hand us over to the terrorists, or whatever horrible thing is being spread about this week. Having so little faith in the abilities of one's government (not that we should trust it completely, but it's a reasonably good system, yes?) and so much fear and paranoia...I can't imagine living like that.

I will also say the last Rasmussen poll I saw had Obama up by 20%, but you know how silly those polls are.

If you are referring to those on this board, they have fought their opinion on politics. Policies of both candidates have been brought up and disputed over and over again. Character issues as well...because Character does matter to many, many people.

All politicians (McCain not excluded here) have some shady characters in their background/questionable things. It is the nature of the business to an extent. I do feel it's important, when policies don't get enacted/fail what do you have left...Character!

not that we should trust it completely, but it's a reasonably good system, yes?
If it's so good....why does Obama chant "change change change" so much, he does it much more than McCain does?

I myself am not voting for Obama because of how I feel about his character, I am voting because I do not agree with most of his politics. If I was having trouble deciding who to vote for even after I looked at both candidates views on policies, I would then look at Character and it would be a factor in my decision. Guess what, Obama would lose hands down in the department.

You are entitled to your opinion, but remember....so is everyone else...it's a two way street.

There are some nasty and ugly things about Obama that are very true. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is. I wish I truly thought the USA would do alright under either candidate.

Additionally, as Rudy Giuliani correctly stated, "Change is not a destination and hope is not a strategy."

YES -- Think, think, THINK! Not enough people are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont like the way the Bush Administration has run the country the last 8 years (Republicans), I am 51 and this is the worst economy I have seen in my whole life, it is truly horrible. As far as character Mccain does not bother me as much as Sarah Palin. She is NOT one I want to see in control of our country as McCain appears to be HER pawn. I do not like her beliefs at all. I do not fear Obama, not one bit and can't beleive the way we have brainwashed to fear him. That is what our government tries to do the Americans - put fear into us so we as easily manipulated.

I dont like the way the Bush Administration has run the country the last 8 years (Republicans), I am 51 and this is the worst economy I have seen in my whole life, it is truly horrible. As far as character Mccain does not bother me as much as Sarah Palin. She is NOT one I want to see in control of our country as McCain appears to be HER pawn. I do not like her beliefs at all. I do not fear Obama, not one bit and can't beleive the way we have brainwashed to fear him. That is what our government tries to do the Americans - put fear into us so we as easily manipulated.

You are 51 and you do not remember Jimmy Carter?? Wow now that was a worse time for all.

Thank you Mary Lou for posting that information
default_smile.png

I'm sad and frightened by many of the posts I'm reading of late. I can't believe some of the crazy, down right untrue and nasty things people are saying about Obama. In the United States we are entitled to have different political views. It can be a learning experience to share different ideas and understand different opinions. This is not what is happening here. Attacking a persons character in a "mob" like way is frightening. It almost reminds me of the way some Germans found a "right" to go after the Jews. Obama is a man of character and has always presented this in his words, actions and behavior. He talks about how we are a country of different backgrounds, religions and ideas but that we are all members of the United States. He wants us to be "one" (United States) as we are stronger as a country focusing on our common threads. McCain is a devider in my opion, his goal is to devide us into disagreeing groups. He and Palin have been attacking Obama because they can't win on substance of ideas. If he could, why doesn't he? Obama attacks McCain on politics but not his person. In my opinion he could. Palin too. He hasn't because he actually has intregity. That means alot in my book. If you don't share his politics that is one thing but to spread untruths and nasty comments only presents you in poor way. Fight your opinion on politics.
chico

Your opinion, of course which you are entitled to
default_wink.png

Having so little faith in the abilities of one's government (not that we should trust it completely, but it's a reasonably good system, yes?) and so much fear and paranoia...I can't imagine living like that.
Interesting comment seeing that this is how you feel if McCain wins. Atleast that is what I have read in the last 50 posts that you have posted.

I'm sad and frightened by many of the posts I'm reading of late. I can't believe some of the crazy, down right untrue and nasty things people are saying about Obama.
What about the things that have been said about McCain & Palin?

If Obama is elected.

It can be over in four years. Those of us who do not support Obama will pick you & the pieces back up and with Gods help put this Country back together again.

I believe the American voters supporting Barack Obama don't have a clue as to exactly WHAT they're supporting. What are Obama's qualifications? Even the most liberal media does not explain why he should be elected! Political experience? Negligible.......... Foreign relations? Non-existent............ Achievements?

chico
Chico, I as a Canadian have no vote of course in your election but like many others in Canada and around the world we are very concerned about your economic policies in this global market as well as your foreign policies that affect many outside of your own borders. It is apparent even to President Bush that the economy in the U.S. is one of the main engines of the global market and the reason he is calling a summit at this point so that the world leaders can come together to try and get things back on track. I certainly hope they are successful.

What has shocked me more than anything is the divisiveness of this electoral campaign and how it has brought out the worse in many Americans. I finished viewing a video this morning on you tube that truly made me feel sick to my stomach With the advent of the internet these videos are viewed around the world and they do influence the way the world sees and thinks of the U.S. These videos become a powerful message and end up stereotyping all Americans which is not fair or accurate but that is what they do. There are "fanatics", mobs, on both sides (democrats and republicans) that are truly out of control and the world truly is watching through television, newspaper and of course the internet. What is sad is that this kind of behaviour from these groups are changing and influencing foreign perception of the U.S. I know it has changed my view of the U.S. because of what I have seen and heard during your electoral campaign. Because of it I am hoping that McCain/Palin will be successful and be the next President and Vice President of the U.S. - not because I agree with their economic and foreign policies but because I feel that the U.S. is not as accepting as I thought it was when it comes to other races or religions. I am concerned after watching what I consider "fanatics" on these videos that it will incite an assasination attempt on Obama. It would be a grave tragedy were this to transpire. Even though the labels that are being used for the democratic candidate are not factual or true there are too many that continue to vocalize these and it is bringing so much division. I can only imagine how an arab-american family feels when they they hear these labels being chanted with such hate and accusations of for example being "arab" means you can't be trusted or being "muslim" automatically means "terrorism". Perhaps I am more sensitive to this because my grandaughter being of mixed race. It is truly sad and unfortuante but I think the U.S. has alot of "growing-up" left to do to truly be a tolerant country. I applaud
default_aktion033.gif
each person who endorses either the republicans or the democrats and who are basing their vote on the policies of each candidate and on facts and not fiction that both sides are trying to dredge up. There are alot of "hurts" to heal and I truly hope and wish that once this election is over that the focus will be on that and not continuing a very destructive path where nobody will win but all will lose a great deal. JMHO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrExRHZnm0&NR=1

I disagree fundamentally with a lot of McCain's policies, and with Palin I have a hard time thinking up anything I agree with her about. This is my primary issue with the ticket and the primary reason I do not want to see this ticket in office. My 'worry' doesn't have anything to do with McCain's connections or him going back to attack Vietnam or any other ridiculous thing-I, at my core, disagree with the platforms of the ticket. I have other concerns, but they are based in solid fact, not flimsy connections.

Obama is not going to rewrite the Constitution nor is he going to step in and fundamentally rework the very foundations of our government. That's not the change he's talking about and I think everyone knows that. We're talking about change from the policies of the last eight years. If anyone 'doesn't know what that means', there are at least a half-dozen sites out there that list Obama's policies and plans.

And I think I've said it before, but I think the world's opinion of us is a very important thing.

Because of it I am hoping that McCain/Palin will be successful and be the next President and Vice President of the U.S. - not because I agree with their economic and foreign policies but because I feel that the U.S. is not as accepting as I thought it was when it comes to other races or religions. I am concerned after watching what I consider "fanatics" on these videos that it will incite an assasination attempt on Obama. It would be a grave tragedy were this to transpire
Yes, it would be a tragedy.

It appears that Obama supporters think that the McCain supporters have many radicals. Well, it goes both ways, thats for sure. If Obama does not get in, there is already promises of riots...that will be even uglier and even more tragic.

Because of it I am hoping that McCain/Palin will be successful and be the next President and Vice President of the U.S. - not because I agree with their economic and foreign policies but because I feel that the U.S. is not as accepting as I thought it was when it comes to other races or religions. I am concerned after watching what I consider "fanatics" on these videos that it will incite an assasination attempt on Obama. It would be a grave tragedy were this to transpire
Yes, it would be a tragedy.

It appears that Obama supporters think that the McCain supporters have many radicals. Well, it goes both ways, thats for sure. If Obama does not get in, there is already promises of riots...that will be even uglier and even more tragic.

Yes I agree Sonya, there are fanatics or radicals in both camps and that is what is giving the U.S. a very bad image. Riots or assasination, any kind of violent act would be extremely detrimental. I do ask myself if the electoral campaign would have been different if Hillary would have been the presidential candidate with the same policies as Obama is supporting. I think it would have been quite different and not as much animosity or perhaps different kind of animosity.

Intollerance is in every country unfortunately...it is not just in the U.S. Every country has radical/racist groups. I feel like I have to defend my country...you make it sound like we are a bunch of bigot, racists, uneducated people. Yes, there are plenty here and plenty in Canada and other countries as well. It is unfortunate that it exists, but it does...everywhere, not just the U.S.

You said in an earlier post a while ago, that because of some of the views of Americans, you would no longer visit the U.S. Aren't you in turn doing the same thing that you are speaking out against...stereotyping.

IMO most people who like Obama and will vote for him dont really know WHAT he will do for our country just that they want change.

They ASSUME if another Republican gets in it will be the same old same old that they havent been happy with for 8 yrs. I would also like to see any of them deal with all the Bush has dealt with and see how they would handle it??

They dont realize EVERYTHING that is gonna change if Obama gets in, it will be change all right but not for the better! Funny how people CANT SEE the difference?

Nicely put Missy
default_saludando.gif

IMO most people who like Obama and will vote for him dont really know WHAT he will do for our country just that they want change.
They ASSUME if another Republican gets in it will be the same old same old that they havent been happy with for 8 yrs. I would also like to see any of them deal with all the Bush has dealt with and see how they would handle it??

They dont realize EVERYTHING that is gonna change if Obama gets in, it will be change all right but not for the better! Funny how people CANT SEE the difference?

Sonya, I am sorry you feel my post is saying that all Americans are like this.
default_new_shocked.gif
I tried so hard to chose my words carefully so that I would not be misunderstood. Apparently I failed, so sorry. I tried to convey that the "radicals" (democrats and republicans) those that are causing scenes at rallies are the ones I am speaking about and only them but I also tried to explain how their behaviour weighs on the image of your country. I know darn well that all Americans are not like this but perhaps someone who has never traveled to the U.S. doesn't know this and so they view these videos and that is what they base their beliefs on. It's not fair or accurate, nor is it correct, but that is what they see.

Our family, grandaughter included, are headiing to Florida this winter. It's been awhile since I have travelled to Florida but I cross the border quite freqently into the U.S. since I am only 20 minutes away from the state of NY border. I know Makayla will enjoy Disney
default_laugh.png

the U.S. is not as accepting as I thought it was when it comes to other races or religions. I am concerned after watching what I consider "fanatics" on these videos that it will incite an assasination attempt on Obama. It would be a grave tragedy were this to transpire.
Danielle I agree with you. I wrote about my fears on one of these many political threads a week or so ago. I've been very concerned about it since the primary election. It may surprise you to know that I also agree that the U.S. is not as accepting as we should be. Unfortunately there are factions that are capable of things none of us really want to think about. My biggest fear though is that a fanatic from another country will take advantage of what we're going through right now and do something that will cause America to destroy herself from the inside out.

Gotta go read the rest of the posts now.....

Latest posts

Back