Sad News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoot

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I might not get my colt after all. With my large horse's injury I'm very nervous about investing in the new trailer that I was going to get to make the long haul, and then paying a good dollar for a very nice mini horse. After being on the market over a year, all of the sudden there is someone else interested and willing to give a better offer. I wanted to see the sales contract before sending my deposit, so I knew exactly what I was agreeing to before any $$ exchanged hands. And due to the holiday it took the seller a few extra days to get it sent. So now I have two days to decide to send in my deposit....

Also today an ad came up on CL for a very sickly looking 22-year-old mini mare. Maybe it is fate that I should rescue her and pass up on my stallion for now...

Devastated.

Sometimes things don't go as we planned but I bet you will feel great if you save this little girl. I am a firm believer that it is the animals that choose us and she is calling you
default_yes.gif

I'm sorry. I know you feel bad now. I hope it will be like most things in life... not too far down the road, you'll be happy for one reason or another that life took the path it did.

Sorry to hear your news, but as the others have said, sometimes these things happen for a reason and we have to wait a bit further into the future for our dreams to come true. Like Renee said - perhaps it is the time for a special needy little girl to enter your life?

{{{{ hugs }}}} Being an adult and making these hard choices is just not fun. I wish you the best with whatever you choose to do.

{{{{ hugs }}}} Being an adult and making these hard choices is just not fun. I wish you the best with whatever you choose to do.
You mean I have to grow up???

Thanks for the kind words everyone! The seller's response sealed the deal I guess. I don't need pressure tactics. I'm hoping my special boy goes to a great home... sounds like the gentleman is coming from a fair distance to get him so hopefully he will end up in wonderful hands!

You should never feel pressured into anything. And if you get that poor mare on CL, you may find you did get your dream horse. Hugs to you.

"Everything happens for a reason"...........and that saying tends to be true, in my opinion. It's that the reason may not be obvious right now.

Very mature decision to resist that pressure. I am afraid of what that contract actually states or that the horse maybe can't stand up to the contract so she wants to sell minus that contract.

A breeder's name jumped right into my mind, made me wonder if that was the person.
default_whistling.gif

Several years ago a seller pressured me also and I fell for it like a dummy. The horse wasn't even close to what it was supposed to be and I learned a hard lesson from it. Kudos for considering the older mare. I bet she cannot wait to meet you!

I dont like strong arm tactics either. And most times in the end it works out better anyway.

If Im selling a horse I let someone know that there is someone else looking at the horse but to take their time and make the decision that is right for them. And I also tell the other person looking at the horse that someone is a head of them and that I will be waiting for their response. I will be happy to answer questions and concerns ect in the event the first one doesn't take the horse.

Someone recently tried to strong arm me into a contract with them the way they wanted it. I told them I was not interested and walked away. However they realized what they did apologized and then negotiated a contract we could both live with. We are now both happy.

Latest posts

Back