Sad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdegner

Reaction score
I am very sad to report that our beloved club member (and long time MMHC Vice President) passed away this morning. She had been fighting brain cancer for almost 7 years and her spirit and strength was amazing. Up until this year, she was still attending horse shows and living a fairly normal life, while doing chemo and other types of treatment. Those of you who met her over the years know how much she loved her animals, several of which were rescue animals. Her deadpan sense of humor, her lack of pretension and her lightness of being made her a real joy to be around. We will miss her forever.

Godspeed Eleanor

Oh! That's such sad news. Sorry to hear. I've met Eleanor in the past and she was a wonderful person.

Last edited by a moderator:
How terribly sad to hear.
default_no.gif
Prayers to her friends and family.

Goodness, just thinking she couldn't have been very old.

She was only 51. The Minneapolis Star Tribune has a nice article on her (www.startribune.com) for anyone interested.

She sounded like a wonderful lady. I'm sorry I never met her. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

So sorry for her family and all her friends.Did she ,at 1 time, have a line of horse treats called Stud Muffins?I met a very nice young lady at horse trade show many years ago and her last name was Mondale I think.Not sure if it was the same person.Stud Muffin lady was exceptionally friendly and sweet.

She definitely had a line of horse treats! I don't remember the exact name but that sounds like the kind of name Eleanor would use, LOL. That was her.......

She definitely had a line of horse treats! I don't remember the exact name but that sounds like the kind of name Eleanor would use, LOL. That was her.......
They were packaged so cleverly.

It looked like a little kids lunch box.

I was very sorry to read this when I came home today. God's speed Eleanor, your fiery spirit and fierce competitiveness will be missed!

I just wanted to add I thought her appearance many years ago on Down Under Horsemanship with Clinton Anderson was so cute. She had a tiny stallion that had won his class at both R nationals and A worlds one year and she was so proud of him. It was so obvious how much she loved her little horses.

Last edited:
I am thinking that was Artie.

She really loved all her animals, and she had a farm full. A few years ago we had a club meeting at her place and every where you looked there was an animal, bird, dog, cat, horse, donkey, etc. She was also particularly close to "Skinny", (Mini Mahals Peter Pan), a big, sweet B sized sorrel pinto gelding. She and Skinny did alot of winning over the years.....

The local newspapers and TV stations in Minnesota have all been doing some great stories on Eleanor. In all of them, they have at least one shot of her with her beloved minis.

My sympathy goes out to her family and friends. From what I read about her, she must have been a wonderful person to know.

Latest posts

Back