Sad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a very sad update. Fever went downhill fast. He lost a lot of weight very quickly, stopped eating, was struggling to breath, had bloody diarrhea and bloody mouth (internal bleeding). He had laid down and was unable to get up and was thrashing around and his eyes seemed unresponsive. We had to put him down, he was very obviously suffering. We think there was something else wrong, maybe cancer? I just wanted to thank all of you who shared your stories. I'm glad that we gave him a chance, just wish he would have made it
default_no.gif

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your horse. I know how devasting this must be for you and you have my condolences.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for your loss.You gave him a chance and it was time to let him go.A very wise horsey friend of mine once told me"They will let you know when it is time for you to let them go."Sounds like your boy knew it was time to cross the Rainbow Beridge.but that doesn't make it any easier to lose one of your friends.Again I am so sorry for your loss

I am so sorry to hear about Fever. RIP Fever! At least he is not in pain any longer.

God Bless!

Barbie

Becky, I'm SO sorry you lost your sweet boy Fever.
default_crybaby.gif

You did the right thing for him. Trying your best for him and then letting him go.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Ooohhhhh Noooo
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
--- I am so sorry, poor Fever, at least he knew that you loved him so very much and now he can rest in peace. Many (((( hugs )))) to you, I truly know how you feel.

Stacy

I know I already wrote to you a few times, but wanted to say it again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to go through it, Fever had a great life with you and you did all you could for him.

Hugs!

Kim

OMG - I am so sorry - only horse people can understand your loss
default_sad.png
sending prayers your way!!!

I am so very sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
You gave him a chance and in the end, did not let your friend suffer needlessly. Hugs.

Barb

Edited to add: Did you ever find out what the injury was? In people, fracturing the femur or the bigger leg and pelvic bones can result in fat embolisms. It is a very serious, often fatal complication. It does not have to happen on the day of injury and would cause trouble breathing, and certainly start to shut down systems. I don't know if horses get it, but I imagine it could be true. Of course, many horses are put down when they have a fracture, so if it is true, it may not be common.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no!!!! I agree that something else was definitely wrong! I am SO sorry- many big hugs to you!!! Bless your heart, you tried.

Rest in Peace Fever, you were a sweet boy, too young to lose. hugs, so sorry for your loss.

Don't rush into anything. last summer, my dwarf mare, Lady, broke her femur somehow. I had her on stall rest for 2 months and then started putting her out in a small paddock. one day, somehow she got the gate open and I found her running all over. she was fine the next day, I was afraid she would come up lame. after that day, she had free run of the farm. she is doing well. Miss Lady runs all over and is back to her sassiness which I love. I did start her on a joint supplement and am still giving her that. Not sure if it helps but I fiqure it can't hurt her.

Good luck.

cyndia

So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. You will be in my prayers. God speed Fever.

Tammie~

Latest posts

Back