Sad News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

Reaction score
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/brassring/TNTGOOD.jpg?t=1255018917

Sadly, I have had to say good-bye to my old, beloved 27 year old stallion, SG TNT,

still beautiful in body, but afflicted with a squamous cell cancer of the facial bones. He was diagnosed a year ago, went into remission, but this summer it came back aggressively, so with a heavy heart I decided to let him go with the dignity he deserved.

I owned TNT for 23 years, and his sweet face was a dear part of my life. Here was a horse with impeccable manners and a willing spirit, he would attempt anything I asked of him. I hope everyone could enjoy their horse as much as I enjoyed him.

Anyone who showed in Florida in the late 80's and early 90's might remember him. Back then, we had many shows each year. well attended, large classes and out of state exhibitors, it was a fun time, especially with him, because I showed him in all the driving classes, obstacle, jumping, hunter, amateur and open.

This little, 31 1/2" chestnut, gave me my first Grand Championship, first Supreme, first Florida Club multi-high point, first Nationals top-tens, first Register-of-Merits in driving, and All-Around High Point at the Mini-O-Rama. He was small, but a big winner in driving classes,back then the classes were not divided by height, he even won over the wonderful Moonlight Bay.

But most of all, he gave back the love I gave him, what a sweetheart - he has a story, but to make it short, I bought him at a mini auction, thin, cold and tired, promised him love and a happy life, and he gave it in return.

Thank you for reading my triibute to a wonderful horse.

I feel your pain, I too lost my old and dear stallion Stormy this year. He had a beautiful life with you and the comfort of crossing over with loving hands.

I lost my first one this yr. he was only 2yr 10months. So glad you had yours 23 years, I am soory. So hard to lose them.

Lildrummer

Thank you for letting us know this grand old man!!!I am holding back tears,he was a lucky boy to have been with you all these years.Thank you for sharing a little bit of his life with us.

Thank you for letting him go with his grace and dignity still intact.

Hugs

Bonnie

Hugs...it is always so hard to lose our fur friends.
default_bye-sad.gif

Sorry to hear aobut your loss, but it seems you gave him as wonderful a life as he gave you.

It is always hard to loose a good friend!!!

Anyone can tell from how you talk about him you loved him and I am sure he felt that. It is hard to love them and let them go. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

What a wonderful story to have shared with us all. Thank you.

My oldest mare is 21 years old and I was recently contacted by someone that owns her dam who is now 31! It gave me a completely different perspective on how long I might have her.

You have had many incredible years with him and for that we are all grateful to have shared a tiny part of your story.

Thanks again.

What a wonderful post/story, thank you for sharing it. You have my sincere condolences.

What an AWESOME life he had with you!

Yes, the end was sad......but all of those full and happy years inbetween are much more important. Please hold on to them as you remember your wonderful TNT.

Bless you.... I know he was family.......

Ma---

So sorry about the loss of your dear friend/family member! He obviously had a wonderful home with you. Thanks for giving him such a fun and great life!! And I know this has left a huge hole in your heart. Hugs to you!!

So sorry for your loss. I remember being a spectator in ocala in the early 80s at the mini shows and must have seen him. You are right there were some huge mini shows here in Florida back then. You were both very lucky to have each other all these years.

I'm so sorry for your loss of this dear friend.

Im always so sorry to hear about the loss of horses like yours but at the same time I am always so happy to hear about what a great life they had with those who loved them.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but loved getting a glimpse of what he was like. If we are lucky we have those once in a lifetime horses and cherish them.

Jan

I have tears rolling down my face. I'm so deeply sorry! I know it HURTS and leaves a huge hole. I hope you fill that hole with the memories. He wasn't just a good horse, he was a partner and a friend.

It was a match made in heaven!
default_wub.png

{{{{Hugs}}}}

I too feel your pain. The can be brought back from the brink and go on to live happy, healthy lives....I know you will miss him....Hugs...Theresa and Art

Latest posts

Back