Sad news about Buttercup

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin_C

Reaction score
It's with a heavy heart that I make this announcement about Buttercup. Her spirit flew away on the eve of Hurricane Frances to the realm of ever-green pastures and crystal blue skies. She passed away quite suddenly after showing much improvement in her condition. There was no struggle and no signs of distress. Appropriately, our thin little lady crossed the Rainbow Bridge with food in her mouth. In the final months of her life, she was first rescued from the deepest stages of despair by a wonderful lady, Diane/Krazyhorses, then cared for by loving and concerned health advocates as well as foster parents, Susan and Dick N/susanminiponygirl in Brooksville. The quality of her life had vastly improved over what it had been and she died with the dignity that she so richly deserved.

She touched the hearts and souls of the many people she encountered along the way and became a true ambassador for CMHR here in Florida. She will not be forgotten. Look up to the sky one day and you may see her -- she'll be that cloud of silver with the long flowing mane and if you look with your heart, you may see the wings that carried her loving spirit away.

Robin C

Last edited by a moderator:
Robin i am so sorry to hear she passed but yes you are right.. she went with love and dignity cant ask for more then that!

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear this! Then again, they way she went without a struggle...peacefully knowing she was loved, cared for and respected...what more can we ask for any creature?

Gallop free, Buttercup!

-Amy
crybaby.gif

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. But. at least her final days were happy ones.

Robin,

Thank you for letting me know about Buttercup's passing. It has made me so sad even though I knew she was not well. I keep trying to think of all the positive things that have come from this so I can overcome my heavy heart.

You (and everyone else with CMHR, Florida Miniature Horse, Lil Beginnings) really went above and beyond for the poor little girl. The world needs more people like you guys.

Your post was written beautifully. Thank you for such kind words about dear little Buttercup. She is gone, but not forgotten. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Diane (KrazyHorses)

I am so sorry to hear about the Buttercup.........the tiny mites will say a prayer for you and her............

Latest posts

Back