Sad day in the Shetland and Miniature world

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannigirl

Reaction score
I just learned that Joyce Pierson passed away this morning. Joyce has been in the ASPC/AMHR for many, many years. She has been an inspiration and a source of information for many of us. My thoughts are with her Daughter and son-in-law, Ann and Mike Linze and grandaughter, Samantha. As per Joyce's wishes, there will be no funeral.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are so very sorry to hear that! Joyce was such a wonderful woman. It was always a joy to talk to her. Condolences to her family especially her daughter Ann Linze.

I did not know her. I'm so deeply sorry for all of her loved ones loss in such a wonderful woman.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Friends and families are in my thoughts and prayers.

Joyce was a pioneer who paved the way for female professional trainers across the horse industry. When she started training Shetlands and Hackneys in the 1950s women weren't trainers. At that time a woman had to be exceptional for owners to entrust their horses to her and Joyce was exceptional. The ASPC/AMHR inducted Joyce into the People Hall of Fame at Convention in November. There will be a biography published of her in the June HOF issue of the Journal. If you have old Journals around the October 1995 or 1996 (can't remember which off the top of my head) had an article called the Joyce Margenthaler Pierson story which covers Joyce's introduction to small equine as a toddler right up until she and daughter Ann Linze and granddaughter Samantha Linze returned to the show ring in the 1990's. The impact Joyce and Ann's Jolie Cheval (JC's prefix) breeding program has had on the miniature horse industry is immeasureable.

I'm so incredibly glad I got to spend some time with Joyce back in November. She was truly an amazing horsewoman and friend - she will be greatly missed!

Latest posts

Back