Rusty & I Go Sledding!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Reaction score
After our big storm Wednesday (about 15 in. of snow total), I hooked Rusty up to the sled because we had a snow day. Tried it again yesterday, he's a blast! Steering isn't as easy as it looks but I think shortening the traces and tweaking a few things will help. We're having so much fun in all the snow, he's such a good boy and has endless patience.
default_wub.png

Enjoy!

"Rusty, hang on a sec, we've got a situation!"

2nasj83.jpg

A few complications and minor mishaps!
default_laugh.png

2w23pth.jpg

There we go! Now we're cruisin'!

28gtojb.jpg

GOOD boy!
default_biggrin.png

2dc99ax.jpg

Thanks for looking at my little guy and I, we have so much fun together.

Rebecca

Rusty is a VERY good boy - love those action shots.

Instead of shortening the traces, it might be easier to shorten the rope (or whatever it is) that goes from the traces to the sled. This is very much trial and error but I agree it is great fun!! The longer the entire unit is, the easier it is to get whipped around and into things like trees and fence posts. You also need to make VERY wide turns to avoid complications, but they are part of the fun as long as you have a very good boy like Rebecca does!

Thanks for sharing!!

Rusty is a VERY good boy - love those action shots.

Instead of shortening the traces, it might be easier to shorten the rope (or whatever it is) that goes from the traces to the sled. This is very much trial and error but I agree it is great fun!! The longer the entire unit is, the easier it is to get whipped around and into things like trees and fence posts. You also need to make VERY wide turns to avoid complications, but they are part of the fun as long as you have a very good boy like Rebecca does!

Thanks for sharing!!

Oops, that's what I meant by shortening the traces. Not shortening the traces themselves, but the ropes behind them.

He is definitely a very good boy, and patient with all the trail and error work that goes into figuring these things out!
default_laugh.png

This is how Rusty's staying in shape for show season when it's too snowy to drive outside!
default_wink.png

Thanks for sharing! Looks like he does'nt mind the deep snow at all
default_smile.png
!

I did the same thing last week, only I didn't have a sled. I jury rigged a top to a plastic storage tote. It worked well and was a blast. I put mine way closer to my horse. Just far enough if he kicked back he wouldn't reach me. He's a good boy, so I wasn't too worried.

Laura

Latest posts

Back