Runaway Horrse Story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That sounds very scary!! I am so glad to hear that you and Comanche are both okay! And, I am very very impressed that you still were willing to give your grandchildren a ride after an adventure like that one! :DOH!

At this point I have to say I can't believe you calmly hooked up those reins, got back in the cart and drove over to your family. They would have had to scarpe me off the ground.
default_new_shocked.gif
. Thank God no one got hurt.

So glad all is well and both you and the children were able to have an enjoyable ride. Please make it a habit to go through and check the harness each and EVERY time you get into a cart. Even when someone tells me the horse and cart are ready, I will look things over before getting into a cart. Definitely worth the extra minute.
default_yes.gif

You have a lot of faith to get back into that cart with your granchildren!

I'm glad the outcome was a good one and you had a enjoyable day afterall.

Beth

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! "Angels watching over me" moment for sure! I'm so you all were ok. I hope you and the grandkids had a good time in spite of the scary start!

I have to agree with the others, I don't think I could have taken the children for a ride after that. I would have had jelly legs and arms for sure. Glad it turned out. I have to wonder if it would have been adults who witnessed the runaway cart if they would have got in for a ride after? Knowing children they may have thought it looked fun to got that fast :DOH! .

That sounds terrifying!
default_new_shocked.gif
I am glad that you were alright. It certainly did take a lot of nerve to get back in to the cart, esp with the children. I had a bad experience when I took my 3 yr old out for the first time after the winter off last year. I did not have the easy entry cart yet and had the basket off of my show cart. I took the reins after he was harnessed and stepped into the cart but had not sat down yet. He got spooked and took off across the pasture with me, 1 leg up and 1 leg dragging. It is hard to pull on the reins when you are hanging on for dear life.
default_pray.gif
I have MS and did not have the strength to pull myself up to the seat. He came to a corner and slowed down. I thought he would then stop, but he just started to turn to go out another gate into the bigger pasture!
default_ohnoes.jpg
Thank God one of the teens caught up with him then and held him while I extracted myself!
default_smile.png
I had a badly scraped leg and a sore on my hand but thankfully was uninjured otherwise. I did get back in and drove for a while, as I felt that he and I both needed it..the old saying about if you fall off the horse, you need to get right back on
default_smile.png
I learned alot of lessons that day, abeit painful ones, and had someone hold him while I was getting in after that. I ordered an easy entry cart that week.

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't even imagine what you went thru.
default_new_shocked.gif
I'm so thankful that everything turned out ok and you are alright. This is a lesson learned for me.

Wow, so scary!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Major kudos to you for "getting back on the horse".

So glad you're ok...........

Kari

Latest posts

Back