round pen size

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is 40'
default_yes.gif
Harvey built it for me in 2002
default_wub.png

Round%20Pen%20--%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20014.jpg

Sheryl, mine never "get" dizzy but I will admit I have one or two who are dizzy all on their own, no lunging required
ale.gif

Well, my round pen is 15 pannels that are 15ft long (big horse panels). I've been out of school for a while, i know i can convert that to an equation and find the width. But i think i will do it the easy way and just measure it today
default_biggrin.png

My horses do not get dizzy either
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is 50ft in diameter and has solid sides 7 ft tall. I made it to work with half wild saddle horses, but it works great for minis. The solid walls helps the distractable ones from having too much to think about. It does take a bit more work on my part to start a mini in it lunging because I must walk, when I stand in the middle they figure out pretty quick I can't reach them and some of them get lazy. ;) However when I am ready to hitch them into a cart for the first time it is big enough to allow them to pull it comfortably.

My boarder has one about 35 foot and another huge like 60 foot. They are big horse panels like Leeanas, there are probablly 17 panels.

I don't have one built yet here at the new place, but at our old place we had two: one was a 40', and the other a 60'. The 60' one was tougher to work horses in since they were so much further away, but it made for a good workout for ME, lol! I'm thinking that I will make my next round pen about 45'.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back