Round Pen made of Pallets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Susanne, don;'t paint. If they are going to be permanent you might stain, so long as you use something that is horse and environment friendly and you let it dry well, but those ideas are great and indoors I think these would work fine. The only thing that really bothers me about pallets is their weight- you do need to make sure they are strongly supported.

I think if done properly with uniformity they would work well and not look too bad. Never thought about using pallets for livestock needs. I did once use a few to make an area for composting.

Thinking back, years ago My Dad made a nifty and not too bad looking hut for our goats..

Last edited by a moderator:
With either a stall or round pen or whatever, be certain that your horse cannot get a hoof caught in the pallets. If there is any way they can, they will. Also be certain that no nails or screw are exposed and no boards are missing. You can also use the pallet for framing and then panel it with plywood or siding.

Here's how one guy used pallets and plywood to build a shed that could easily be used as a run-in shed.

http://www.oklahomahistory.net/palletshed.html

Latest posts

Back