Round pen info needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah... "This is that time they tell you about in high school when algebra will save your life."

Sorry, quote from a movie I saw once!

Circumference = diameter * 3.14

so a round pen that is 50 feet across will have a circumference of about 157 feet.

You want posts 8-10 feet apart, so divide 157 by either 8 or 10 and you have the number of posts you need (it won't come out even)

If you plan to use board fencing, most board fencing comes in 16' lengths, which means your posts need to be 8' apart.

If you haven't already, you'll want to get some stakes or flags and plant them where you want your posts before you start..... chalk or white spray paint is great for marking your circle.

Good luck - post a photo when you're done!

I thought I would mention that when we re- built ours, I compared the cost of standard permanent fencing to the cost of panels from Tractor Supply. The cost was about the same and I decided to go with the panels so as to be able to move it or whatever in the future. Also the way it ends up the panels went together with a diameter of 44 feet across.

Good Luck
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back