Rough Clipped Paddock Pics of My 2008 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
One of these days, Harvey and I will collaborate and get some posed pictures of our foals, but for now, here are some shots he got on the 4th and I got just this morning
default_smile.png

We rough clipped the babies on July 4th. Very rough clipped, but it only took about 15 minutes per baby
default_biggrin.png

We'll try for fancier and better shots later but for now -- here's what we've got to share
default_yes.gif

Thanks for looking at these girls and guy. We love them so much we can hardly stand it ... I bet you all know what I mean
default_wub.png

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me’s Big City Cover Girl, a/k/a "Cover Girl"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Buckskin Filly – Expected To Mature @ 32”

By Little Kings Big City Buck (Sire of National Champions, Son of Buckeroo)

Out of Erica’s Double Dipped (a sibling to many National Champions and Sired by Little Kings B T Buck Bandito, Son of BTU)

Cover%20Girl%20Foals%20070408%20016.jpg
Cover%20Girl%20Foals%20070408%20022.jpg

Cover%20Girl%20071008%20073.jpg
Cover%20Girl%20071008%20099.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – Greying Dark Bay Dun -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Ducky%20Foals%20070408%20039.jpg
Ducky%20071008%20103.jpg

Ducky%20Foals%20070408%20030.jpg
Ducky%20071008%20113.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Passionately Dun, a/k/a "Passion"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Grey-Grulla Filly -- Expected To Mature @ 32”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion) and Out of Edgewood Skip To My Lou (Halter Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Passion%20071008%20146.jpg
Passion%20Foals%20070408%20007.jpg

Passion%20071008%20066.jpg
Passion%20071008%20137.jpg

PS, gotta share a little bit of Super D, a/k/a Erica's Gone and DunIT. DunIT is daddy to Ducky and Passion. Not in any kind of show shape, dirty, over grown bridle path but still someone I love to look at and play with. Just SOOOO much personality inside of him
default_yes.gif

DunIT%20071008%20022.jpg
DunIT%20071008%20047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I cant beleive the extream amount of difference in gray color between Dun Its two foals.

Your filly is how my once black appy foal is looking now. Of coarse she is appy and not grey but I do love those grey horses. Cant way until my girl foals.

Nice babies Jill. Looks like you were scared to shave Passion's star off!
default_wink.png
I am guessing it was to show the star for registration purposes??

Thanks, Everyone
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Ashley and anyone else who might know, do you think it's possible Ducky is sabino, vs. greying? His dam has white spots on her neck and body which I was told is an indication of sabino (is a Reflection daughter with blaze and partial blue eye). Initially, I thought for sure the white hairs all over mean he's going grey (which I'd love), but he never got goggles and my 2003 colt is red sabino roan and his coat did just like the Duck's, so I'm unsure what color Ducky's aiming towards???

Mona, nah... Passion shed off on her head by herself with that inverted V by the star. All I did on the foals was neaten up the lower part of their heads and didn't clip their heads -- was just trying to have it be a short, non frustrating experience for them (and for H and myself). It was really the first time they'd been haltered and restrained.

Jill, they are just great and im trying to dedice which i like most
default_wub.png
....but i cant possibly pick a faverite
default_wub.png
:wub.

default_wub.png
Covergirl

default_wub.png
Passion

default_wub.png
Ducky

How could i not
default_wub.png
Super D too!!

As you can see, i
default_wub.png
them
default_biggrin.png

Forgot to add your rough clip job is far better then mine. I dont have a working little clippers but the kids were getting hot so they got the cow clippers to there bodies. They have hairy legs and heads, except the eyes and nose where they have shed.

I have my moms horses here and I am just in awe with her foal. I really really like him, and if he is around here still in the spring he is going to make a kick butt gelding for me to show.

They are really beautiful babies, Jill :))

Great clp jobs also for rough clips!

Susan O.

Jill, that Dunit has sure grown into a neat little guy. I love him and his personality DEFINITELY shines thru! How tall is he? Are you planning a driving career for him? He would look marvelous in harness.

Your babies are darling! I am especially partial to Cover Girl. Ducky has definitely got the butt high growing spurt going on there! LOL! Cute, cute, cute!

In order to have a true fading gray, one of the parents has to be gray. So if neither parent is a fading gray, you got yourself a sabino! I have a couple of those...both Alladdin and Flirt have sabino roaning throughout their coats.

Congrats on a nice first foal crop! You "Dun" good!
default_aktion033.gif

Loved the pictures of your babies, but I liked that last picture of Dun It best!
default_wub.png
Nice shot.

On a side note, I am at work and usually I can not get pictures here because most people use sites that are not allowed----shutterfly is always good to come thru but I have to post a link---where are you keeping your pictures? I like being able to see them here.
default_biggrin.png

Lovely foals and daddy! I love buckskins and grullos
default_aktion033.gif

beautiful babies but I bet you cant tell your little Cover Girl is my favorite since I dont like dilutes or anything...(ok I love them)

They're all looking good, but I think Passion is my favorite--she just gets prettier every time I see her!
default_wub.png

Very pretty babies and btw I love the name Ducky its sooo dang cute!

Latest posts

Back