Rosey - foaling date 1st week of March

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently seeing a big round Rosey side and butt. She has been in the same position since I got onto her cam half an hour ago. She seems relaxed from the little bit I can see though.

I'm at work, sitting at my desk and had some xtra time to peek at Rosey between "clients" . She has been laying down most of the day, sternal mostly but lays flat, then back up sternal, then flat..... not sure if her being down this much is a sign of her just being tired of standing at the stall door all night and now resting or what????? She likes the door open and seems to stay in the stall alot when it is but at night I just can't risk her being able to walk in and out at will and being out of camera range. I like it that she feels better and is resting and off her feet though.

I checked her milk before work this morning .... still holding at 6.8 and watery consistancy ... not clear but certainly not milky colored either. I'm getting ready to leave my office for a Dr's appt. for myself ... yearly checkup with internist ..... should be home a little earlier than usual.

Any comments or things to watch for????? She ate a little this am (mixed more mini horse in with a little Omelene 300) and still eating her alfalfa cubes.

I went back to some emails I exchanged with Rosey's former owner about her previous foaling info ... she said she has carried from 313 to 334 days, so .... I guess I just need to keep a close watch on her. I think her milk consistency will be the sign as she said she makes a nice bag and will go from watery to sticky. Although I missed her last foaling here, I do remember her behavior and finding that her milk had changed to a sticky consistancy. The foal was in the stall the next morning!

I guess she stands against that stall door wall all night ... she lays down most of the day as I tried to watch as much as I could. I am ready to lay down myself, so all you great folks have a great evening/day tomorrow!

3am and shes looking very settled and no signs of baby coming just yet
default_whistling.gif

Thank goodness the weekend is here! Rosey is still hangin in there. Milk test the same ... 6.8. Her appetite has increased and she is finishing her Omelene as she did a week or so ago ... seems to be back to her old "piggy" self. The foal was very active this evening while I went out and cleaned the stall, brushed her and got her ready for the bed. Her belly is growing and she has dropped but not really "V'd" out yet. She is calmer now and I keep her in her little paddock area attached to her stall during the day and in the stall at night.

I am going to take pics tomorrow ... she will be 315 days. Thanks for watching my girl!!!!

You sound like me last year....whew, Friday is here. Please foal this weekend. Sunday night bedtime rolls around. Please let her hold off until next weekend. I check on your Rosey at least once a day. Glad to see she has accepted stall. I have a Romey that I sometimes lovingly call Rosie (among a host of other nicknames). Sometimes I sing this song to her when I am trying to get her into her pen or a stall after. She is insulin resistant and so her only turnout is with a muzzle and so sometimes she resists coming in from turnout for bedtime. She usually comes to me as long as I have her soaked hay ready and if I sing this to her. So without further adoo I will dedicate this to your Rosey.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmITW9-56W0

Renee, Diane, and Lynne you are not going to get to hear me recorded singing unless you put me under surveillance. If you did that you would catch me breaking out in song and dance several times a day. I have been told more than once "not to quit my day job."
default_no.gif

Nothing cooking here Lynne. However since my torn up kitchen is now put back together I am loving cooking in it.
default_yes.gif

I am going to admire everyone else's babies this year for sure though!

Well she has a bigger udder than my girl at day 316, so that should be some consulation to you. She's moving along perfectly. We both will probably still have early march foals though.
default_smile.png

Renee, Diane, and Lynne you are not going to get to hear me recorded singing unless you put me under surveillance. If you did that you would catch me breaking out in song and dance several times a day. I have been told more than once "not to quit my day job."
default_no.gif

Nothing cooking here Lynne. However since my torn up kitchen is now put back together I am loving cooking in it.
default_yes.gif

I am going to admire everyone else's babies this year for sure though!
She says to the girls who constantly watch other peoples barns
default_new_rofl.gif
Diane and Lynne I think we have an undercover job coming up
default_wink.png

Rosey looks great, I guess another 2 weeks and then baby will arrive
default_thumbup.gif

Renee ... I respect and appreciate your guess, BUT ... I'm hoping it's off by about 10 days... BUT ... you are probably right! DARN IT!
default_frusty.gif

As far as the undercover surveillance work goes, I'm looking forward to retirement but might look into that as a sideline, tying into what I do now.... OH YEAH!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Amanda ... I was looking out tonight at that full moon and I know Rosey will be starring right at it all night. I think I'll point that out to her before I go to bed tonight and she if she gets the hint!
default_whistling.gif

BTW ... is there a trick to getting on your cam? I must be missing something as I can't access any of those on that site!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynne over the past we have made bets on foaling dates loads of times and any of the girls here will tell you that I have NEVER won so don't loose sleep over what I say
default_new_rofl.gif

3.00 am and all is quiet

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back