Rose's first show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had to hop on here again as I was reading the other post about Ashley and Boo.....I too wanted to mention his liberty performance was spectacular and I would say he even would have taken it on Sunday too :aktion033: You all know how I love spottys
default_wub.png
: .....and Boo's presence and beauty truley was seen in that class
default_yes.gif
: It was awonderful show and the competion was tough............Carrie

Russ, Please tell your Mom that I did very much enjoy meeting her ....and as Sanny said she always looked so nice
default_yes.gif
: Please tell her Carrie said "HI"

Last edited by a moderator:
...... I sit and sit and tell my self tomorrow I will try this and that but I needed a push to take life seriously. Marty in a way, your Micheal helped me gain the courage to try something new and quit being a weanie .......so I hope you realize how much good Micheal is still doing for people back here on earth.

That's beautiful Russ. Thank you for that. Michael was there with you in the ring right by your side for moral support tickeling you so you'd do the chicken dance big time. He knows who you are and most likely was giving you the push to get out there and just do it. He was always such a natural in showing from a toddler and could show the hair off of any horse for years. Ask him to be your Spirit Guide and draw on his show ring savvy and strength when you need him.

You had wonderful mentors in Timberview. I'm quite a fan of theirs and so glad they were there to help you out.

I have to add that Boo was a beauty in liberty, of course I might be a little prejudice on his color but he performed so nicely and the music was great. Ashley did a great job of catching him too! It was fun seeing people that we hadn't shown with in several years too! We might have to get back into showing more. Witnessing Bob and Mary S. (Sanny) with their children a person couldn't help but smile. Great family memories for them! And Eleanor some how has a "contagious" make a person happy and smile personality I have ever seen. Hard to word it but she is so fun to watch her energy and she brings smiles to others just watching her. There were many exhibitors with such beautiful minis, I can't begin to name each one. This was a great show to attend and enjoyed by us. Hope we can do it again next year! Lavonne

Thanks everybody for the complements on Boofer. I so love him to
default_wub.png
: I could of sold him a few times at the show but no amount of money at this point will get him. I cant wait to have him back home in about a month. There was points in liberty that I just wanted to stop and watch him, I didnt know he could move like that.

As for Sanny, there family really is a hoot. I enjoy watching them as much as I do interacting with them. And her kids are so well behaved and respectful, dont see that often.

Russ -- you look GREAT with Rose!!! Looks to me like you've been showing for years and I love that shot of you with her outside of the ring.

Ashley, you also look great with Boo! He about glows he is SO LOUD
default_wub.png
:

Russ you left out the part about the new animal you were introduced to at the show! :bgrin

Ha Ha Ashley, your talking about those Ninja Minnesota frogs they grow up there? :lol:

We were standing right by the barn door and I was like....what's that sound? Racoons....possums? It was high pitched but strange unlike a frog I've ever heard before. Ashleys says, oh....that's just the frogs up here. :new_shocked: I was a little embarrassed as I thought it was racoons calling out to their little friends.

Boo sure was a awesome sight to see in liberty....congratulations again on your wins! Glad I got to see him perform. :aktion033:

AND Ashley.....I tell ya....IT WAS WATER from the wash rack hose :lol: .....the only way I woulda peed my pants if I saw Bob jump that fence and chase me down after thinking how pretty his wife is.....I've seen him run an obsticle course and I know he could outrun me!
default_yes.gif
: :eek: Bob, if it makes you feel better your pretty too in a slightly diffrent way from your wife :lol: there now you don't have to hunt me down. :lol:

I told my mom all your kind words on her and she was surprised! She really enjoys horse shows and the people. She says, you all looked wonderful and glad to meet everyone.

Jill, thanks for your words. I kept thinking of your Dun It today and Rose being dun traited mini's. I really like the trait and enjoy researching how far in Rose's lineage the dun gene goes.

Marty, I will remember Michael this month at the Iowa State Fair. He would love this fair and I know your family would too. I liked the humor that you shared with us on the forum from Michael.....humor really does help you get through those tough days. It is hard to remember that sometimes but it can help pull ya up. Nothing can totally take away the pain you feel but we all do care about you. Think of you and your family often and always in my prayers.
default_smile.png

Karla, wish you lived closer to Iowa....you would have had fun at this show. Rose and your fillies would be best buds!

One parting funny.....wish we could show you a picture of a product they sold at the tack store. HILARIOUS! Something I'm sure the mods wish they could sprinkle on all our rears when we get out of line on the forum! :lol:

Thanks again for all your kind words and sharing my fun at my first sanctioned shows. :saludando:

Russ, you tell a good story and I felt like I was there with you, right down to the sweating part.
default_wink.png
: Glad you got to use all those show products. Good luck at the next show. I think you will be a natural.
default_yes.gif
:

Russ----I am soooo glad you pm'd me to tell me about the pics and story on the forum. I have my email notify me when I get a pm on the forum. I have not been on here much lately.Thank you, I would not have wanted to miss this. Your humor in telling of your story is great! Rose and you both look good!! Almost got me in trouble at work, I was chuckling while reading, there isn't anything funny that comes thru the computer at work
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back