Rose Bowl Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastrack

Reaction score
I'm flipping back and forth between the ABC & RFD channels. We're hoping to catch the miniatures in the parade.

I'm finding RFD has MUCH better coverage of equestrian entries in the Rose Bowl than ABC. We've missed several horse entries while ABC is doing 'behind the scenes' specials. I'd like to see the mini's on ABC to get the HD quality.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes ABC cuts away from most of the horses.

Where RFD is an agriculture channel and said they would not cut our the equines.

The entire parade is on HGTV with no commercials and the miniature driving horses just went by, they were a very nice group and the people doing the commentary was good too.

Do you remember who was just before them. We are watching ABC and still hoping to see them. We are just seeing the pasos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Darn!! I wish I would have known sooner!!

I did get to see the minis on RFDTV, but it wasn't HD. ABC missed them completely!

Can't remember who was right before them but the Budweiser Clydesdales were two spots behind them. There were also two pinto minis with the American Saddlebred group with the two pinto Saddlebreds pulling the wagon.

Thanks, but Darn it!!! We missed it too!
default_no.gif
Anyone got any footage for Youtube?? Watched all that time for nothing, I'm writing a complaint tomorrow
default_biggrin.png

Living in Southern California we get great coverage. IMHO, KTLA has the best coverage--no commercials and lots of information on each parade entrant.

For those not in the L.A. area, you can watch the parade "live" on KTLA Rose Parade Coverage. The parade just started again and they air it several times today. If someone knows how to record it on your computer, please let us know! Thanks!
default_saludando.gif

They showed all the horse groups and gave commentary (Bob and Stephanie do research although they said that minis are the only horses that can be trained solely by voice command.
default_unsure.png
)

Hope that works for everyone! Happy New Year!!!

Oh Darn!! I wish I would have known sooner!!
I did get to see the minis on RFDTV, but it wasn't HD. ABC missed them completely!
I bounced between HGTV and RFD the floats and such on HGTV in HD and then flipped over to RFD when I would see a horse group coming up did not miss one horse group doing it that way.

And the AZ. Historical Cowgirls I know one of the riders. Wylene Wilson as I lived and worked part time with her mother on the boarding stable they operated in Tempe, AZ. for 9 years I was there.

Can't remember who was right before them but the Budweiser Clydesdales were two spots behind them. There were also two pinto minis with the American Saddlebred group with the two pinto Saddlebreds pulling the wagon.
Did you mean the circus group. They had 3 minis pulling a wagon. Again the announcer, that I watched, fluffed over them as "cute".

Just seen them on KTLA 5 on my cable here in Ontario

They where fantastic....
default_saludando.gif

They talked about them going more by voice command than reining.

they are now, starting a repeat... on KTLA5 at 3:00 p.m. so I get to watch it a second time......
default_new_multi.gif

HDTV used to have the best horse coverage.

But sadly... I do not have pay TV any more, back to over the air antenna and what 4 channels I get.. do not have the Rose parade on them.

I saw the miniature drill team on RFD....they did a very nice commentary on them, as well as the other breeds. I MUCH prefer watching the parade on RFD for that very reason....the horse entries are important to them.

But I WAS disappointed that they didn't show the Ohio Blind Marching Band. This was their first year to be included....and I would think that they would get some coverage, as unusual as they are. I was really looking forward to watching them in the parade. Did anyone see them on the other network coverage?

I saw the miniature drill team on RFD....they did a very nice commentary on them, as well as the other breeds. I MUCH prefer watching the parade on RFD for that very reason....the horse entries are important to them.
But I WAS disappointed that they didn't show the Ohio Blind Marching Band. This was their first year to be included....and I would think that they would get some coverage, as unusual as they are. I was really looking forward to watching them in the parade. Did anyone see them on the other network coverage?
I saw them as I was going between HGTV and RFD. HGTV showed the blind marching band it was really nice to see them. They had a sighted person with each member so of like a guide person to help them out. It was nice to see a band like that marching in the Rose Bowl Parade.

We watched the parade on Hallmark channel. It was fantastic. No commercials and we saw the whole parade. Saw the blind marching band, the minis, all the horses and the floats. I know where we will watch it again next year.

We watched the parade on Hallmark channel. It was fantastic. No commercials and we saw the whole parade. Saw the blind marching band, the minis, all the horses and the floats. I know where we will watch it again next year.
Yes Hallmark is also a good one to watch, except I wanted to see most of the floats etc. in HD and that then was by watching HGTV (Home & Garden).

Then to watch the horse groups and get a lot more of the background on them I switched to RFD. And then back again to HGTV to watch in HD.

I taped ABC and NBC, but neither showed the minis. ABC showed no horses and only the biggest floats. NBC showed some of the horses and probably twice the floats. Wish I had known HG was showing the entire parade!

Saw the Ohio blind marching band on HGTV as well as the drill team and then switched to Travel channel and was able to see the 3-hitch with the saddlebreds. Beautiful little setup on the 3-hitch wonder who they were? Fact is saw all the Ohio marching bands and watched the Bucks pluck the Ducks...Go Buckeyes!

minimomNC said:
I saw those two entries (the three-abreast of minis with the Circus-themed float was awesome
default_biggrin.png
) so the Travel Channel must not have aired the mini drill team. DANG!!! I wasted half the day watching it twice trying to spot them.
default_no.gif
I didn't know which channels RFD or HGTV were so I didn't know where to else to look.

dreaminmini said:
Thanks, but Darn it!!! We missed it too!
default_no.gif
Anyone got any footage for Youtube?? Watched all that time for nothing, I'm writing a complaint tomorrow
default_biggrin.png
Ditto!
default_laugh.png

Dona said:
The Travel Channel had them at least.

Leia

Latest posts

Back