ROLL CALL Who is NOT going to Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Nationals for us! Too far to go -- especially with current gasoline prices

Of course --- we did not SHOW any at all this year (have not showed much at all anyway)... but did consider going to WATCH.

Of course September is the worst time of year for me to get away -- due to work -- Here in Lexington KY we have the Thoroughbred YEARLING Sales at the Keeneland Race Track -- my farm is a consigner at the sales.

Maybe some year.. Would love to be there.

JJay

Waaaaa! I think I might go into an all out depression waiting for news from all of my friends who are out there now. At the beginning of the year I had planned to do the two qualifying shows and then take two horses to Nationals, but a sort-of emergency trip across country to see family drained my funds and leave time from work. Ah well...there is always next year! I have only done one AMHR show, but man am I hooked. I have a low-key and in-it-for-the-fun attitude so I think I would have a blast at Nationals. Next year, next year....

Amy

I'll be staying at home with you too Marty!
yes.gif
Doing the Parade, Nursing Home & Swap Meet route for the next couple of months. I wish everyone luck at Nationals & have a great time!
aktion033.gif

No Nationals for us, either.

no.gif

Wish I could get back there, someday, but maybe when the little boys are a bit older.
smile.gif

I will, of course, be anxiously awaiting results/reports, etc.!

Please know my thoughts are with all of you going, that you have safe travel, and fun, too!

Liz M.

-sigh-

I am with you Marty. I will be looking anxiously for everyone's results

I'll be home too. Someday I hope to go see all the wonderful horses. I wish everyone "Good Luck" and can't wait to see the pictures.

I will be home too Marty..and I will be mailing you a little "something" to cheer you up. Hope you enjoy...
yes.gif

I haven`t been to the Nationals since they were in Columbus Ohio back in..maybe 94..something like that (AMHA)...

I like staying home with my kids and getting them all settled in for winter. I do my fall barn re-arranging this time of year.
laugh.gif

I'm not going either. Earlier in the year I'd hoped to be able to go, but I couldn't get holiday time this week...then with one thing & another we didn't show AT ALL this year...maybe next year it will work out?

So, I'll be here, actually A LOT because I start vacation on Monday & am taking 5 weeks in a row. Have lots of work to do around the place, and several Minis to get going in harness, but I usually take a break early in the afternoon so should be able to visit here some!
biggrin.gif

I'll join the list of those who are "holding down the fort". Someday I dream of going to nationals or world, but not this year. After all, I have animals to care for, vet bills to pay, and well, the bank account is empty with my truck eating me out of house and home. Not compaining about the truck mind you as I really love my truck... err my hubby's trick
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, can't wait to see how the forum member do that are going! I wish them all good luck!

Not me either - not this year. Any hope/dreams I had of going went when little Dawn was born. Her hospital care took care of any funds that were available for big time showing. That's ok - she is here today to harrass me and keep me happy. Maybe next year - of course, now we're thinking about a possible move to TN so who knows what the new year will bring. The best of luck to everyone going to both Nationals and Worlds.

Barbie

Me too...can't afford to drive that far. But Connie Ballard is taking my Cremello Stallion Galloping G Ranger's Morning Star (Mikey) He'll be showing in 3 Country Pleasure classes. You GO Mikey!!!!

Ginny StP

Me, me! I'm staying home with you, Marty. Well, maybe not with you exactly since you're in TN and I'm in ID but we'll be here together, right? LOL Maybe someday I'll actually have a registered mini to show but even then it would be hard to get off and have the money for nationals. Hope everyone going has a blast though!

I would really like to go some year. But it is too far away for me.

I get real nervous when the horses are in the trailer over 2 - 3 hours.
unsure.gif

But at this time I do not think we have any horses that could compete at that

level. So all I would end up with would be heartbreak. And then drooling all over the other horses
biggrin.gif
Which would make my horses mad. They are very sensitive.
rolleyes.gif

Deb

There's no place like home, there's no place like home....
rolleyes.gif

And that, of course, is where I'll be. I got to go to the model horse Nationals this year, there is no hope of mini nationals for years to come. I WILL be at Breyerfest next year though, so see you there Cronewolf!

Leia

Not us either as those from NY, PA, and NH have said before me it is way too far away. But will be watching results on the forum and silently cheering everyone on.

Since I've never been to ANY miniature show I would love to go. But, like some of you have said, maybe someday.

This is for everybody who's going.

horseshoe.jpg

Yep, Marty I'm not going either. I work with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency, and we are working with the hurricane victims. We had our reservations made for Tulsa, but couldn't take our horses. We had quite of bit of illness with my husband's Mom this year, and I had a broken toe, so horses couldnt' get trained the way I wanted them to be.

Then, with the price of gas, we decided we wouldn't be able to go and take our 5th wheel, just to watch and take notes. Then, my agency got involved in the hurricane relief effort. I decided to pass up my vacation so that we could help those poor folks who have lost everything. Talk about a humbling experience. These people are so grateful for any small thing that we can do for them, and we consider it an honor to be able to serve them in any way we can.

So, I'm happily staying in Illinois this year, but next year look out!

Latest posts

Back