ROLL CALL Who is NOT going to Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I'm not going again as usual (sigh) but this time it's not hurting me so bad. I don't think I could stand not being with Timmy!
wub.gif
And of course I also need to be here to supervise the barn building.
biggrin.gif

We are not going. It is hard for Lee to get that much time off from work since he is a teacher. Hopefully he will retire in a year or so & we may start going then -or not................. Having been to a couple of A nationals I am not that thrilled spending that many days at a show anyway. I have my one top ten trophey in showmanship .............. Like you I would rather stay home & be with my babies.
wub.gif

We will be home, no nationals for us. But, we will go to the world show. No corgi national either, that starts next weekend
sad.gif
since my girl is sick.

Oh well, I am off to the AMHA office this afternoon for a fun weekend reviewing software and interviewing IT candidates. Should be interesting, since my comrades in this adventure are west coast people and I am east, as in time zones! I'll be the morning person, they will be the night owls....

I do have my laptop packed so will be online from time to time.

Home Sunday afternoon.

BooHOOO! I am not going either. I wanted to go as a spectator but couldn't swing it. I went a few years back to Reno and also Lexington Va. I had terrific fun and met so many nice people. I hope to go again sometime.Maybe someday even to show( hey< I can dream!)

Not going, I get to do one big trip every 3-4 years. This yerar it was Pagan Spirit Gathering in Ohio. Next vacation is going to be Breyer fest,most likely.

I had planned to fly down and watch for a few days but now that I am moving my salon to a new location I just can't do it.
no.gif
I will be going next year for sure!!
biggrin.gif

We aren't going either. Really kinda bummed we've gone the last few years. But we have to get this property sold and it's not happening. We've closed on a place on the other end and need to spend money and time getting the fencing and shelters up, stalls and whatever.We've "landscaped, put in 7 hydrants and run electrical. Now I'm stewing about how long I can pay a double mortgage and the cost of heating both places this winter if this doesn't get sold soon.

I'm about to switch real estate agents I think and hope that gets us a new start.

This is the "pits" but priorities matter. We even had motel reservations and a stall for our boy Billy.

We so do love going.

But it will be there next year and hopefully we will be in better shape.

Anne

I'm home, rooting for my friends who are going. I hoped to find someone who might take Mercy with me paying her expenses and we qualified her but nobody wanted to take her.

Maybe some year we can go - type 1 diabetes limits long distance car travel for me and this year I am recovering from more knee surgery (1 week ago today).

Good luck to all who are going - can't wait to hear the results!

Denise

I'll be right here, watching for everyone's results.

I hope someone on this forum will be taking their laptop so that we can share the experience vicariously...

We aren't going to be able to go this year either. We had hoped to go but maybe next year.

I'm not going either , maybe next year.But I do have a Senior Stallion,KNOLLACS FLASHY ILLUSION, my homozygous pinto there with James Walsh of Rocking Horse Acres. Hope he gets a ribbon. But we am going on a much needed vacation to Idaho and Montana and leaving on Sept 12 for 10 days. This is the first time in over 7 years that my significant other and I have been away together.He likes the mountains so I am taking him to see some big ones.He is so good about staying home to take care of the horses&dogs while I get away lots to do my Mini Horse stuff. He deserves a nice trip. Then I can go lots in the coming year. Good luck to all who will be there&maybe I will see you next year in OK or TX

I'm supposed to make a quick trip there today to pick up a mare and drop one off. No showing there for me as I am going to World, but might be able to sneak in a little visiting, if I can ever find out when I am leaving!
wacko.gif

When the Walshes told me they had decided to go to R nationals I was so excited and was ready to go. However, things didn't work out for me this year. Maybe next year.

Cole is home with me now having a blast with his 1/2 brothers.

If you want updates, and they may not be the best or of all classes,

but I am taking a lap top and will try to log in at night and give you what info I got,

if you are interested.

Frankie, that would be great!

I am not going. went to my first AMHR show this year---hope to go to nationals next year, if only to watch. am planning vacation for that next year.

so, here i will be while everyone is at nationals and world..... jennifer
saludando.gif

Heck Fire..not me...nuh uh no way too far. Who'd watch the kids? I stay in my hollow and read all about it and root for our forum folks.

Thanks goodness, no-not going to the R Nationals(never have, and likely never will), nor to A World(have been there, done that, intermittently since '91, and have my share of Top Tens). No question, it IS exciting-for about a day-then it gets 'old' fast, IMO...though the shopping is great, and I always enjoyed the socializing!

I do hope to go again, to observe and research the measurement practices.

I do wish the best to all those who go with high hopes and a sportsmanlike approach!!

Well I'm not going to R Nationals, can't swing going to both..........

But I am flying over to the A Worlds, just to watch, for 3 days
aktion033.gif

The hotel I'm staying at has free internet so I will try to update at night.

And I will be taking huge tons and gobs of pictures, so when I get back I will clog the forum with World pics
wacko.gif

Can you tell I'm excited........only 1 month to wait
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back