Roll Call for Maple E Show in NH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundancer

Reaction score
Just got my entry form filled out and ready to go. We can't wait for our first show of the season
default_aktion033.gif

Who else is going?? Love to meet as many members as I can.

Julie Flanigan

Victory Pass Stable

Cumberland Maine

Julie,

As you know, we will be there! We cannot wait to take Belle! Makayla is showing her in Youth Obstacle B, Youth Jumping B, Youth Country Pleasure B, Multi-Color & Liberty B.

Makayla is showing Cami in Youth Mares A, Youth Hunter A, Youth Western Country Pleasure A, Solid Color & Liberty A.

I am showing Rhett in Yearling Geldings Under & Multi-Color. This will be my very first show and I am petrified! But we are very excited to go!

I think this show season is going to be so much fun!!!

See you there!

Sue

IF (big if) we can get away, we want to go. We are not sending in a pre-entry though. We have a mare due around then, and this would be our very first mini foal, after a couple of years of very bad luck. So she is our priority.

If we get to the show, it would be our first 'R' show and we are trying to get excited about that. We would bring our senior mare and senior stallion both "under". The mare - Aloha Acres Fashion by Magic - can do everything: halter, showmanship (maybe), liberty, hunter, obstacle, jumper (maybe!), and probably Western Country Pleasure. Our stallion, SRF Buckshot may only go in halter, but he can also do obstacle - unless there is a ground tie and any mares in heat!! - and he is showing promise in hunter.

Would love to meet other forum members too!

Hi,

Couple quick questions for the Maple E Show.

Makayla is also taking Cami in the Versatility class which she has never done before. We have a question that maybe those who have done it before or are also going into the class may be able to answer. We know the class includes driving, halter, then hunter.

How much time do we have to get the harness off and get ready for halter?

What products/brushes do you bring in to prepare for halter?

Since they are going straight from halter to hunter, do you have your horses jump in their show halters or is

there time to change them into a performance halter?

Usually you would braid their mane & tail for hunter but not for the other classes so is it okay not to braid?

Will there be a photographer at the show?

Thanks in advance.

Sue

Well, you got my attention with the versatility, so I had to look up the rules (2005 rulebook). You have 2 minutes to unharness and remove the carts, and the horses have to stay in the order they are in at that time for the halter and hunter sections. I have done a similar class in Pinto (without the hunter part) and the grooms usually bring in brushes, rags, and of course halters and then they need to remove the harness and cart. There usually isn't time for much other than changing tack and getting the sweat off. You might even want to practice your timing at home! Don't forget that the driver might also need to change shoes or clothes in that time too! That is the only opportunity for a tack change so I guess you have to decide what type of halter you will use for halter and hunter. Hunter is 2-4 fences, then trot for soundness. That makes little sense to me - but that is what it says! How can the horse get that far and the judge can't tell if they are sound or not???

Sounds like fun - if I get there, I will consider trying it too!

Thanks! That was a HUGE help!

It does sound like fun and something different to do. Definitely a class to video tape so we can laugh at ourselves later.

So we can take the harness off together right? Not like the exhibitor has to do everything? Oh gosh, I better start practicing. I will feel horrible if she is disqualified because I am too slow helping her!!

So it looks like she is jumping in her show halter. Not a problem, she doesn't pull or anything. Just want to make sure we have somewhat of an idea before we head in.

I appreciate your help.

Sue

We're taking three horses- driving, halter and jumping.

We should be in a caravan with Jen and Hillary.

Trying to get Jodi and Nita to come along too.

I have a mare under camera and since we've missed her first foaling due date, it's probably safe to say that we don't know when she will foal. I missed this show last year because we had ladies in waiting. Sarah will go even if I don't.

ME ME ME!

I'm taking Zeus for (Youth, Open, Amateur) halter, showmanship, jumping, hunter, color, liberty under

Chantilly (If shes in better health) in (Youth, Open, Amateur) showmanship, halter, obstacle, country pleasure driving over

and Diego (Open, Amateur) halter and liberty under

Hope to see everyone there!!!

Is this the show for the weekend of May 24th. If it is ill be there. Im going to look at a horse for sale.

Wish we could make it this year, but we can't.
default_sad.png
I had a fantastic time at the Maple E show last year, and I hope that I can make it to more in the future. Best of Luck to everyone!!!

Luv2ridesaddleseat,

The AMHR show is at the Cheshire Fairgrounds in Swanzey.

We will be there. I have no idea who I am taking as they are all fat and unfit. Driving ought to be quite entertaining with my guys. Just watch for the carts with wings. I do want to show Max though, [the new baby] so I am working on his papers. What a little land shark he is. He will be a little over a month by the show. We will be having a dinner and silent auction after the show and the following day is a fun show with plenty of interesting classes. See you all there! Linda

Latest posts

Back