Rolex is a DADDY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hi there,

One of the moderators sent me a "PM" asking me to repost part of a thread I posted earlier, where it was later moved to the back porch. She suggested that I should go ahead an repost the part about our new foal though, in case folks may be interested in just the "horsey" part of my original thread.
default_wub.png
So, here is my "copy/paste" of that portion of my original thread that is now over on the Back Porch, LOL.
default_smile.png

Well....MAJOR SUPRISE!!!! :))
Ok, not a "surprise" actually, because my nephew actually called us when it happened, LOL. ROLEX IS A DADDY TOO!!! LOL! Yeppers, Rose had her baby early! Wasn't supposed to be born till (according to our vet) until around Nov. 26th, around Thanksgiving, at the earliest. Well, HE's HERE! He's a BOY too! He was born sometime through the night between Sunday night, and Monday morning. Clayton called us about 7:30 on Monday morning and said he was already standing and nursing, but still wet. He couldn't tell though if it was morning dew wet or "baby just born" wet, LOL. So, we're thinking it was sometime Monday morning actually, that he was born. He looks to be a solid CHAMPAGNE. With just a tiny little whisper of a white star. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}} I told Clayton he didn't have to worry about feeding him, LOL, just to make sure his momma was caring for him, and that he was nursing ok, and to try to watch a bit to make sure he goes potty and poopie. He did all that.

Well, when we got home, I didn't realize that it had gotten so COLD while we were gone. The poor baby has really bad goobers in his eyes, his left eye primarily. It's REALLY BAD! I took pics of it last night after I cleaned it out best I could in the dark anyways. Then, this morning I called our vet to let him know that Rose had her baby while we were gone, and he has really bady eye goobers. Both his eyes are blue from "champagn-ness", but his left eye is a strange almost sky blue. That has me very concerned, as I don't know if something is seriously wrong with that eye, or what just yet. Anyways, he's coming to check him out later this morning. I'll post pics of the Rolex's & Rose's baby in just a couple moments in a seperate post...btw, Rose is doing GREAT, she seemed to foal her very first baby "ok" without me. I'm so thankful for that. She's being such a good mommy too, already! :))

Well, thanks so much for letting me share! Will HOPEFULLY post much better after I get a chance to get my bearings from the past several days, and after I have a chance to have the vet look the baby foal over and let me know how he's doing.

Dusty sends he thanks to all who prayed over him. He won't say this, but he is still very much in need of continued prayers. I won't go into detail, but God knows his every prayerful need. Please, I'd be grateful to those who may be prayerfully inclined to continued to lift him up, along with his new family.

Warmest love, hugs & prayers,
default_wub.png

Tanya & Lee

Edited to Add:

Hi again,

Ok, here are some pics of Rolex & Rose's little baby boy! Introducing "SWA It's Go Time By Rolex", his barn name is "GT". :)) {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}}

These were taken last night in the dark, so not so great. I also took a close up of his eye after I cleaned it out. It was goobered shut, and withen minutes of cleaning it all out, it was full up with yellow gooper again.

GT-1Day-1.jpg

GT-1Day-2.jpg

GT-1Day-4.jpg

Well, after the vet leaves, (we have an 11am appt.), I'll be busy the rest of the day mucking out the stall (that was the only thing my nephew wouldn't do, but I'm still just thankful he took good care of all our horses and dogs for us the last several days so we could be there for Dusty's homecoming), and I also need to get a load of fresh stall shavings. Plus, after all that I hope to have some "baby time" with my new little "GT", LOL. Hope to get a couple more pics of him too, before dark tonight. Anyways, just saying I don't know how soon I'll get to post again, I'm about plumb tuckered already and the day has only just begun, LOL. PRAISE GOD!!!

Thanks so much for letting me share and SHOUT M'JOY!!!
default_wub.png

Champagne Cheers,

Tanya & Lee
And then here is my update of his progress for so far today...
default_wub.png

Hello,
Thank you so much Kay, Becky, Kayla, Cheyenne, Reignmaker, Missy, Lucky C & Shauna for all your encouragement for Dusty. When he calls tonight, I will definately pass all your kind sentiments on to him. Thank you with all my heart!

A quick update on how GT's very first vet visit went... it's not good. He has an ulcerated injury in his left eye. My vet said it covers almost completely the whole lower part of his eye, it's quite significant. He took some of his blood and spun it down and gave me back the "syrum", and I have to put .01cc of the syrum directly into his eye every 2 hours, along with 2 different antibiotics (one is "Vetro-Gen", and the other is "Vetrachloracin"). These all three must be done aggressively every 2 hours over the next 3 days. Then also, I have to put "Atropine" into his eye once daily, for pain, and just keep it clean in between treatments. He said he was seriously considering doing a "graft" procedure, but wants to give the salve and syrum treatments a couple days chance first before resorting to the more drastic measure. He did a full physical exam beyond that, and gave him a full clean bill of health other than the eye injury. He did say his other eye was only slightly irritated, but definately not injured, just probably some dirt during birth. Gave both a good rinsing, then treated the injured one before he left, and showed me how to continue on with them over the next couple days. He did say I also will need to keep an eye out for an signs of possible tummy ache or colic. As the "atropine" could cause GI irritation. Other than all that though, he says he's a perfect little baby boy. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}} I just pray this helps him heal without side affects on his little tummy, and without having to resort the graft procedure. He only explained briefly what that was, that he may have to actually cut into a layer of his eyeball, and then sew the lids shut to protect it for healing. Oh my gosh, I hope he doesn't have to go through all that. Lord have mercy...

Well, I need to get back out and finish my barn work and get him bedded down before the temps start dropping for the night. I don't know how soon before I can post back again, but it's likely I may pop in here or there through the night, just to keep myself going for his treatments every 2 hours. Gosh, I don't know for sure on that, I guess we'll see how things go. I'm kinda running around like a headless chicken for now, LOL. I still kinda feel like I'm not even home yet from our trip.

Well, will post back as I'm able. Thank you all again for everything.

Warmest appreciations,

Tanya

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on a cutie Pie. Hope his eye improves and he will need nothing more done to it,

Congrats on your adorable little baby boy and wishes for a speedy recovery on his precious little baby eye!!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Big congrats on Rolex and Roses 1st baby!! HE is a doll
default_wub.png
Im so sorry about his eye. We went through that once on a horse I coowned and it is a ton of work and rather expensive and scarey!! I was very happy it happened at the coowners and they had to do the day to day treaatments, its grueling
default_sad.png
. The vet called it melting eye and said the eye could literally open up and the inside pour out if not caught in time or if it didnt heal. Ours did have a good outcome wiith minimal vision loss but he did go through the flap surgery. Its a very good thing u got the vet right out. Just treat that eye all the time!!!
default_yes.gif
I will be thinking of u.

Congratulations on your new little boy Tanya!! He sure is a little cutie! Sending prayers that you can save his eye. Hope you can get that fixed!
default_pray.gif

Hello Tanya,

It has been quite a while, since we have talked(Finished my college real estate course and now am a licensed agent in Ky.).. CONGRATS on the new boy!!!! He surely is a champagne, but am so sorry about the eye..

Please take care and wishing You and Yours a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hugs and Prayers!
default_saludando.gif

Jeannie

CONGRATS on your new bundle of joy!!!! He is very handsome
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I have a Boston Terrier that just went thru this very same injury and YES it is very intensive!!! Her cornea was actually punctured and was leaking out when I found her!!!!!!!!!! Very scary, the vet was adimate about getting her to the emergency hospital ASAP or she would loose the eye. She had the graft surgery about 3 weeks ago and is healing nicely...I still am putting eye drops in twice a day and she still is wearing the "Cone" so she doesn't scratch at it or anything. The vet said if all heals well she should have pretty near full vision with just a small area around the puncture that will be clouded over with no vision. Good luck with your boy and hugs, prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!
default_luck.gif
:goodluck
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_cheekkiss.gif
:CheekKiss

Thanks so much Carol, Filipowicz, Parmela, New2Minis, Eagles Ring, Jennifer, Mona, Margaret & Shelly.
default_wub.png
{{{HUGS}}}

Jeannie, OH MY GOSH, HOW ARE YOU??? I've missed you SOOOOO MUCH!!!! {{{HUGS}}} I'm so happy for you that you were able to finish your Real Estate classes. SUPER CONGRATULATIONS on your great achievement!
default_aktion033.gif

How about that Rolex, eh?
default_biggrin.png
He's done an awesome job on his very first baby, no?
default_wink.png
I was telling SusanO on the ICHR group how we named our new colt, LOL. How at first, Lee and I were mulling over what to name him while admiring his teensy little physique, particulary his handsome little head/face.
default_wub.png
Being that his daddy, Rolex, was from Kentucky, I was going to name him "SWA Kentucky Headhunter", LOL. Then around about then he just up and started bucking up at his momma Rose, and then was running laps around her, LOL. I told Lee, "Look, it's like he's say "c'mon mom, it's GO TIME!", LOL. Then Lee said, HEY THAT's what we can name him, and then we can call him "GT" for short, LOL. So that's how he got his name, "SWA It's Go Time By Rolex". (I just hope when I full out his registration application, that his name fits within their letter space allowance for all that, LOL.)
default_unsure.png

Oh, and his eye is doing MUCH better today, at least that I can tell. He was able to hold his eye OPEN all day today and it also no longer has ANY goobers in it. Clear as a bell, except for the funky pale blue color to it. I'm really hopeful for him that he'll recover, Lord willing.
default_wub.png
We are so grateful for everyone's prayers, thank you all so much!

Here's a couple pics of his "booboo eye" that I took earlier today.
default_wub.png

GT-LtEyeClosed.jpg

GT-LtEyeOpen.jpg

Jeannie, it is SO WONDERFUL to hear from you and to know you are doing so well! I'm so happy for you in your Real Estate accomplishments!
default_wub.png

Warmest hugs,

Tanya

His eye looks MUCH better, hopefully all will continue to go well. I have herd some wonderful outcomes when using the spun down plasma.

Carolyn

Thanks so much Carolyn.
default_wub.png
He is scheduled for a re-check tomorrow morning (Saturday...having a hard time keeping my days straight for now
default_wacko.png
). The blood syrum seems to really be helping. I'm so thankful his momma gave him a good dose of "colostrum" (SP???) when he was born and first nursing, LOL. We'll see tomorrow if he needs to continue with that or what all else. Will post an update soon as I know more. He's doing well so far. PRAISE GOD!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back