Roku

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
Does anyone have a Roku (hook up to tv) that you use for movies and tv shows. I guess you can cancel cable? You do need wifi, which I have. Also can you get fox news because I don't want to live without my political news. Anyone have or know about it please respond.

It does not equate to cable. You don't get any cable channels. They also have continuous streaming of some shows . Roku gives you options between free and paid streaming channels. You can also subscribe to Netflix (we do) its about $8 a month. and Hulu Plus (must pay). They offer movies (mostly old ones) and TV series and many episodes. It can be frustrating when they don't have your favorite on their or are slow to post new episodes. You can get Youtube on their. CNN and CNBC are included. I'm pretty sure you can get Fox News, we pulled it up and it doesn't look like you have to pay for it but we aren't 100%.

You can do Roku month to month so if you aren't happy you can cancel your subscription. If you have any other questions let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Roku!!! I get our Netflix on it and also Hulu
default_smile.png
. It streams FOX, but I think only from 9am - 3pm. If they do start airing FOX around the clock, I would consider stopping our Directv account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this. I got it because I couldnt afford another bill such as tv, but needed to have something I could watch. I do subscrib to Hulu and so far love it. But than again anything that has a section of movies that are Gay/Lesbian has my attention. Seldom find that.

I just checked more this morning and found FOX News does only air 9am - 3pm weekdays, but I think you can stream it live on their website with your computer anytime of day (?).

Actually, I do see the Roku as a GREAT alternative to cable or satallite. For less than $20 / month, I can watch nearly anything I'd watch on Directv. I don't think CBS works with Roku, but there's a service for that where you pull it up on your computer and it will then stream to your Roku. It's maybe $20/year...

It's really cool also to be able to watch full seasons of series you maybe didn't catch when they originally ran. I love doing that with Netflix!

Thanks. I think I will really look into this. I only watch a few channels. Fox and Food Network. Hardly anything else. I know. I am boring. lol I pay about 90.00 a month on cable and on my ss it is hard to pay every month. I need to do something.

I'm personally disgusted w/ how much we pay for Directv. I think it's ridiculous, and like you, there really are only a handful of things i want to see. I do think the Roku is one of the coolest things out there. When they first came out, we had a "high speed" internet provider, but they limited use. I was really happy when we could get regular DSL here and one of the first things I did when we got it was to order some Roku's
default_yes.gif

What do you mean? They limited use on high speed. How can they do that? Isn't DSL really slow like dial up internet? Now I'm getting confused. Maybe it's just my old age. I still do not understand a lot of technological things, like I still don't have voice mail set up on my phone. I mean, afterall, I've only had cell phones since 1999. lol

Not with what I have now, but before I had Broadband, and they did limit the amount of internet or downloads you could do in a month and charged if you went over. It was with Virginia Broadband. The DSL I have now is not limited at all, and it is a lot more reliable
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back