Rocky the trail horse!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
OK, since I have had Rocky Rocket I have not taken him out into the woods. Well, today I did. My hubby and boy went for a walk and I took Rocky. The first creek crossing he jumped, but all the rest he walked through. There was thick brush we went through, why, I don't know, and Rocky pushed through without panicking at all. There were a few places where Rocky sank down to his knees in the soft forest floor, but he just got himself out and kept following. Loren rode him home once we were back on the mane trail and all was well. Rocky is going to be such a great driving horse! I wish my big horses were as calm and trusting as he is.

He did get upset for some reason when I went to unsaddle him. He freaks out about getting saddled and unsaddled a lot. Don’t know what that is all about. But, he is good about most everything else.

forestride006.jpg

forestride002.jpg

forestride001.jpg

He is such a special horse. I wonder what he and our Bonnie would have to talk about. I imagine he has so many stories and such.

new_shocked.gif
I just hope he would have good things to say about living with us!

I bet he misses whoever he lost before he went to auction. I think he must have been loved by someone at one point in his life.
wub.gif

MooseLMJAsh said:
hey shell....i said it on the other forum!!! they are such cuties!!! 
yes.gif

474942[/snapback]

Hay Ash!

Gotta get Loren & Rocky coverage where ever I can! They are just to cute!!

Yes they are terminally cute- BUT you also have a very very special combination there- one Loren will remember all his life, too. As for the saddle- well, it takes up a lot of his back and I bet you are lifting it off him aren't you?? Try sliding it off as if he were a big horse- pull it back towards his rump where it comes better into his line of view and just pull it free gently, then take it round- show it to him and reward him. Same putting it on, bring it in from the front, kneel down beside him and put it on as if he were a big horse- I am sure you will see a difference. Once he is happy with this slowly swap over to bringing it in form above- you can start off on your knees than get onto a stool then stand up- by stages. Something to remember when harness training- this is a horse I would NOT ask to wear blinders. Think about it!!

I will work on the saddle issue with him for sure. I do lift it over him. As for driving, I where would I get a headstall without blinkers?

Definitely suffering from a terminal case of cuteness. As for the bridle, just use any mini sized English riding bridle. Most of the mini tack stores sell them. You just have to add a driving bit and lines to it and you're all set.
biggrin.gif

Leia

Latest posts

Back