Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to try and cut away some of that long hair close to her udder. The foal might injest some whiie nursing. she looks like she is getting really close now!

I would suggest clipping as well. We've had foals get eye infections because of the hair as well.

Not a lot if course.

K, I will try and trim it back tomorrow
default_smile.png

What happened to Papa and his youngsters btw?

We have never clipped hair and never had a problem - but maybe we have just been lucky! She is looking great and progressing nicely - bet you are getting excited to see a foal after such a long wait. We are getting excited too!
default_yes.gif

I trimmed her up as much as i could. She was not a happy camper at first, lol. But we got it done
default_smile.png
Attaching a photo from right after. I was holding her leg out a little for this one. And don't worry...I am gonna get the little teeny hairs off of her nipples...I just didn't wanna annoy her anymore than I already had, lol.

Julia, 3 of Papa's kids went to a guy that has a petting zoo. He and his daughter were very excited to work with them. Blaze went to a girl (20ish?) near Colorado Springs. I had Papa gelded and he now lives about 45 minutes away and was giving pony rides to his new boys after only a couple of weeks. He was such a good boy!

IMG_2433.JPG

Thanks for the update on Papa and his babies!

Her bag looks smaller than I thought. Lol. What will be very exciting is when her nipples will fill and get thicker. We're getting there!

Do you remember with Honey back in 2010 when she would fluctuate in bag sizes? Robin is staying very consistent which is really good.

I'm still hoping for ears. ;)

Okay, so, her bag has grown some more. That's about it. Here is last night's compared to tonight's. Then one from behind from tonight. That is the best I can get, lol.

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2492-001.JPG

The back of her udder looks much fuller today in the side by side pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Udder grew again this am. She seems slimmer than normal...but she is still kinda wide, lol.

Here is a photo from yesterday afternoon of her from behind. Also an udder photo from this AM. She is just standing in the photo...I am not holding her leg out. As you can see, the back of her udder is getting more full compared to the previous one from two days ago, right after I trimmed her up.

IMG_2431.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

She is looking very good! I do see how she is filling in the back. Not too much longer now!
default_smile.png

Here's some pictures of my mare 24 hours before she foaled. She was a maiden.

d-5.jpg

IMG_1084_zps576d0656.jpg

And these were taken 2 hours before she foaled.

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1127_zps02dec52a.jpg

Alrighty...comparison shots from last night to tonight.

From underneath, there isn't a whole lot of change except it being fuller and the top nipple appears to be slightly more downward facing.

From behind, you can see that there has been some filling back there.

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2492-001.JPG

IMG_2508-001.JPG

She's changed a lot. Her bg is going back more and her nipples are separating.

Any milk?

Holy Milk Machine Batman! hehe....been waiting to say that for a while now...lol Robin does look alot fuller in the back tonight!

The photos from Lil HOrse Lover were great, she didnt look like she had that much of a V to me. So I have decided I really do not have the eye for this hahaha... but she was cute.. As for Kate her Udder is getting much fuller now Well Done Kate..Hope to see a bubba from one of these ladies soon

Latest posts

Back