Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_sad.png

Start talking about going somewhere veyr important, mares can't resist that sort of thing
default_new_rofl.gif

Lol, thank you for the laugh...I have had a very cranky day. A horse that I gave to some people (kind of against my better judgment, but I didn't want to deal with all of the problems that would come with NOT following through) has apparently lost a good bit of weight since I saw him last (about 3 weeks ago). There is absolutely nothing that I can do about it, because legally, he is theirs now
default_sad.png
Animal Control is checking in on them once a week though and they are being followed closely, so I don't have to worry too much. It is just so frustrating...

Then, I found out that some people that I trusted for a long time and felt like I was very close to have been lying to me and are not even close to the type of people that I thought they were. They are basically on the run from authorities and take advantage of nice, trusting people like myself. They get what they need and then ditch when they are done. I feel like a complete idiot for trusting them and I am so frustrated that I let them do what they did. It has just been one of those days.

On the bright side, I am the official owner of Fiona now...finally got all of the legal stuff taken care of
default_smile.png

Robin is driving me absolutely insane. I started her back on alfalfa cubes, since she was refusing the chaffhaye...spoiled little turd.

I'm so sorry you're having a bad run
default_sad.png

I will find you some more things to giggle about!

keep_calm_and_call_batman_by_koboot-d31267o.jpg

180261_404673692918383_1815048007_n.jpg

401050_343232805697238_266484180038768_1200529_491665143_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh no, you poor thing. Hope Robin pops for you soon so you can have a little bub to cheer you up.

OMG...thank you so much for those photos, lmao.

I hope she pops soon too...I could use an adorable little baby to spend hours photographing :D

374 days since Batman and Robin were separated...248 days since Robin was seen being covered by Papa...Anything in between since Jose' The Mini Donkey was with Robin, lol. Omg...what a mess.

Robin is munching on her alfalfa cubes (soaked) and looking quite content. She doesn't like that she has to wait longer for breakfast than the rest of the crew, lol. Her udders look bigger than last night, but nothing to be excited about. Hooha is scrunched up.

So sorry you had a bummer of a day yesterday - lets hope Robin does something soon to cheer you up!
default_yes.gif

Soooo...Robin's bag is eh...her hooha is Blah...and I am grrr. LOL

I did have a little fun this afternoon watching the messy girl eat, though.

76819_384669108272652_47823018_n.jpg

LOL I absolutely love that picture! Sounds like its been rough in your world
default_sad.png
sorry to hear about the horse being mistreated I recently had the same exact thing happen. Its absolutely heartbreaking. Hoping and praying your life eases up a bit. That's great about Fiona! Sigh* I have no clue how I would still be sane not knowing for sure when she was gonna foal! But think of how cute a mini mule will be!! I've secretly always wanted one ;) with every little change keep us posted your so loyal to us! Thank you! It's driving me (and I'm sure many of us insane as well ;) you are not alone!!

To add fuel to the fire... Donkeys are pregnant for nearly a year (normal gestation for them 11-13 months, usually right around 12), and when mares are pregnant with mule foals they tend to go longer than with horse foals.

Thanks, Jaymie
default_smile.png
This is going to be a complete mystery until she finally pops, lol. If it is a mule, I TOTALLY hope that it comes out spotted :D

Chanda, I am no longer speaking to you :p LOL

Robin continues her annoying mare streak...boobies are eh, hooha is blah. I THINK that I felt movement again, but she was cranky because she was waiting for her breakfast, so she was fidgeting a lot. If I knew that Jose' had been trying a year ago, I would absolutely be leaning towards him being daddy. But, I just really don't think he was showing any interest back then. I could be wrong though and it is totally possible that he figured it out some how. I guess we shall see when she pops, lol.

Well, Robin's udders are a little fuller than they were this afternoon...other than that, nada. No changes in hooha or behavior. I will be watching her closely though...just like I always do, lol.

I lurk alot but hardly ever post. I have been checking Robin's progress daily and I can't wait to see what she is cooking! Would LOVE to see a mini spotted mule...how cute would that be!?!

To add fuel to the fire... Donkeys are pregnant for nearly a year (normal gestation for them 11-13 months, usually right around 12), and when mares are pregnant with mule foals they tend to go longer than with horse foals.
This got me thinking and I have a question for Diane! Would an american miniature mare bred to a Falabella stallion carry longer?? I know that Falabella mares tend to go longer, but I hadn't even considered it with a falabella blend foal.

I have to say, they wait would be worth it for a little mule foal. At least for me. Of course, I'm not the one with the miniature hippo outside my window.
default_impatient.jpg

Hello all
default_smile.png
Nothing to report this AM...she is still being a pain. Sorry that I am not posting as many photos...they just depress me, lol. I PROMISE if something interesting happens, I will post photos of it though ;)

Char, I would be happy either way, as long as baby is alive and healthy! At this point, that is all I care about, lol.

Back