Robin Groves to speak in South Woodstock, Vermont

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrivinTime

Reaction score
On November 18, 2008, the Vermont Carriage Driving Club's monthly meeting will include a special event that is open to the public:

Robin Groves will be speaking to us about her trip to Poland, representing the United States in a World Championship driving competition. She has graciously agreed to share her experiences and photographs with our club. If any of you have ever heard Robin speak or taken one of her clinics, you know how enlightening, informative, pragmatic, and humorous she is.

Feel free to bring an item for a potluck dinner, or just bring your own supper with you, and come to the GMHA Youth Center at 6pm. For directions, go to http://www.gmhainc.org.

For more info, email me: [email protected].

About Robin Groves - Trainer, Clinician and Competitor

Robin Groves has been driving since her teenage years and stills feels she learns something new almost every day. She has been working with horses professionally since she graduated from the University of New Hampshire in 1970, with a B.A. in Zoology and Certification to Teach Riding.

Robin's participation in combined driving events began at Fair Hill in 1986 and she has been competing at the Advance Level on and off (depending on the level of her current horses) since 1983. Robin has been USEF CDE Long Listed three times with her Morgan stallion Clay Gages Fort Knox and three times with her current partner, Lana Wright's Thor's Toy Truck, a.k.a. TJ.

Throughout the year Robin teaches clinics for drivers and riders all over the United States and Canada. She has been the instructor for the GMHA Wheelrunners Driving Series for more than fifteen years.

At home in Brownsville Vermont, she and her husband Wilson run a training stable for all types of horses and all levels of drivers and riders. Both of the Groves compete most every weekend of the year, at combined driving events, carriage pleasure shows and competitive trail drives.

Robin is available for driving and riding lessons and clinics, if you are lucky enough to catch up with her!

About the VT Carriage Driving Club

We are a new club, gathering members and momentum in central Vermont. This past summer we held several picnic drives that were fun, and we hope to schedule clinics, fun drives and other events this coming year. This is a very informal, inclusive group that includes all levels of drivers and all sizes of horses - our last drive included several minis, a couple of ponies, and some really big guys. Oh, and a couple of folks were riding, too. For more info about the club, drop me an email: [email protected].

Cool! I'd love to do a clinic with Robin someday. I've seen her in action, driving and teaching, a few times and she is Very Good.

And she's a nice person, too. Hope you have a great time at your clinic!

I am very excited because I just made arrangements for my young gelding and me to take lessons from another awesome teacher in our area, Sue Rogers, who is also an amazing driver and is really getting me hooked on the CDE stuff.

Do you come down to VT/NH often?

Fortunately I won't have to drive that far, as she will be in New Brunswick. The Morgan Horse Club has hosted one of her clinics for 8 years now; one day riding, second day driven. This year though...there will be two days of driving!!
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

But...I have beeen to VT/NH, but not for about 15 years now...I don't travel like I used to. Waaayyy too expensive.
default_sad.png

Do you think your Club could video tape the presentation and make it available for people who are far away and cannot come to Vermont????

We had the privilege of having Robin as our clinician while we lived in Iowa--she comes several times a year to Three G Farms for camps and clinics. It would be worth moving back to Iowa just to able to have lessons with her again!! Anyone that has a chance to work with her or attend a clinic--DO IT!!!

Anyone that has a chance to work with her or attend a clinic--DO IT!!!
default_smile.png
Yes, I have heard and read so much about her...and had wanted to go several times...but with foals due etc...it just wasn't possible. So, this year, I decided that in 2009 I will have no foal(s) at all, bred no-one except a mare I sold, (for the new owner) and will be there with bells on!! I have one friend who is coming with her horse, and am trying to get someone else to make it a trailer-full. I figure at least a six hour trip to get there, so help with the fuel is welcome.
default_wink.png

funnybunny, I will ask the club officers (who will check with Robin) and see if they can get a video recording. I'd like to see it myself, as I can't be there either (business trip, bleah!).

Sue_C, hope you have fun at that clinic!

Dr. Pam, thanks for the positive report on Robin's clinics. It's always good to get a first-hand account from someone who's been there.
default_smile.png
) Maybe I will save my pennies and see if I can sign up for one next summer...

Lori

Latest posts

Back