Roadster cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izmepeggy

Reaction score
I bought this little roadster cart and would love to fix it up. The shafts and upper part is wood. Thinking of painting the wooden parts black and burgundy on the bottom. Trying to find ideas for the seat. Thank you

Attachments

• 20211013_184244.jpg
    20211013_184244.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211013_184244.jpg
    20211013_184244.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211013_184313.jpg
    20211013_184313.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 11
Good idea!!! Now to figure out who's going to pay for it to be done! lol I just love black and Burgundy together. I'll shop around and see who can do pinstripping. I can paint the cart myself. Thanks for the great ideas!!!

You can buy pin stripe on a roll and do it yourself. Doing straight lines isn’t hard at all. It goes on like tape, then when you know you have it exactly where you want it take some clear finger nail polish and put a thin coat over it to protect it and keep the edges from rolling up.

Great idea! It would be a lot cheaper... lol..The cart has wooden shafts and a few other parts. Should I stain them black? I'll paint the metal parts black. I'm not sure if they were painted or stained before.

Rehabbing carts is fun! I would paint the shafts unless they sand out clean. If they did staining them with a reddish hue would look nice. Upholstery on seats is not hard. Most supplies can be found at the fabric store. Here's some pics of a cart that I did for a friend. I used the roll pinstripe and spray paint! It was a complete rusty mess when I got it.

misscart1.jpgmisscart2.jpg

Beautiful job!! I've redone carts before but I'm a little perplexed about how to do the wooded parts. I was under the impression that you should never paint the wood. I do know that wood needs to breath.

Rehabbing carts is fun! I would paint the shafts unless they sand out clean. If they did staining them with a reddish hue would look nice. Upholstery on seats is not hard. Most supplies can be found at the fabric store. Here's some pics of a cart that I did for a friend. I used the roll pinstripe and spray paint! It was a complete rusty mess when I got it.

View attachment 44913View attachment 44914
That's beautiful. My hubby and I were just talking this weekend about painting my older cart red. What did you use for paint and did you sand it out by hand?

Cayuse, I just used rustoleum primer, spray paint an with added clear coat. Sanding was a mix of power drill w/ wire wheel and hand sanding. I don't know how well the paint will hold up but it was inexpensive and easy to come by. It really was in bad shape.
View attachment 44936View attachment 44937
Eeeek. That was quite a project!

Latest posts

Back