Road trip help!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So this summer I am going on a roadtrip. We are driving East across British Columbia, going into Alberta to Calgary, visiting friends. We then begin the real part of the road trip!!! We drive South into Montana and our two main goals are to visit Glacier National Park and then south again into Yellowstone National Park. Being in Yellowstone will take us into Wyoming. We then will travel West into Idaho and West again into Oregon and go through the Cascades (a trip I've already done and LOVE). A quick pit stop in Aloha (near to Salem) to visit family and then back up North into the cascades again. Our last mountain stop will be Mt. Baker...mostly because there is a restaraunt/cafe at the bottom of the mountain that we go to everytime we visit and I just LOVE their food...hahaha. Of course I love the mountain as well!

Anyway I was wondering if anybody has any "MUST SEES/DOS" for these areas? I've never been to Montana, Idaho or Wyoming but have been to the other places. I've spoken with a few different people from Idaho when I asked "What should we do in Idaho" they all looked at me with blank faces and said...well it's a bit bare you might just want to drive on through. I can't believe that an entire state is THAT boring and there is nothing fabulous to go and see. So ideas on Idaho would be great!

Thanks very much and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

I don't have any suggestions on sights to see in Iowa...but just wanted to say enjoy your road trip!!! Sounds like some beautiful states you will be taking in! Try a search in the internet thru the chamber of commerce for each state that you will be visiting. Road trips are so much FUN!

I really liked going to the Little Big Horn Battlefield in Montana. I had goose bumps standing there. It was so incredible. I want to go back, maybe next year.

In Wyoming there are places where you can see the ruts from the wagons that traveled through there on the Oregon trail. You can also visit the Grand Teton Mountain Range, they are beautiful. Also Jackson Hole is a really neat town. There is an original stagecoach and pony express stop you can visit.

Idaho has a lot of beautiful mountains and historical places you can visit. If you like Appies the ApHA is there.

The best suggestion I can give is Google each state and then search for points of interest along your travel route.

Jackson Hole is a neat town. Its a tourist town, but lots of suvineirs (sp?). Teton National Forest in near Jackson Hole too. Big huge mountain. Make sure you have good brakes if you drive the teton pass. There's also a World War memorial in Jackson. My great grandfather is on it. And he helped build the teton pass with mules.
default_smile.png
I'm sure if you google jackson, there will be tons of things they do (tours and what not).

If you're in northern Idaho at night, the Bar J Wranglers do a chuckwagon dinner and play music (they are the oldy type cowboy musicians and comedians). So much fun. I'm sure if you search bar J wranglers, you'll get a hit on their site. They are fun to see (not sure if you're into that type of music).

Latest posts

Back