Road Boots for Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneysEnd

Reaction score
Went to a CDE at Plum Creek in Lockhart Texas this weekend. Great place to drive.

Discovered Janie with Chimacum Tack now has road boots for VSEs (minis) at a price I can afford.

A couple of exhibitors at the CDE had been using them and were raving about how well they worked.

Unfortunately, she had already sold out so I'm waiting for mine.

She doesn't have them on the website yet, but you can email her at [email protected]

Best part, price is under $50 per pair.

Thanks Vickie!! Now that's something I'd potentially be interested in, especially if they've got good grip on dry grass and pavement. Leaving a longer hoof on Kody has solved most of our problems but he slips badly sometimes and I'm desperately searching for something comfortable that could give him some traction so he'll stop wrenching his back. Can you tell us more about the design, or post some pictures? Does it completely encase the foot or is it straps with a sole, is the bottom rubberized or leather, does it have tread, how would it stay on in water...you get the idea.
default_laugh.png

Thanks!

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Vickie!! Now that's something I'd potentially be interested in, especially if they've got good grip on dry grass and pavement. Leaving a longer hoof on Kody has solved most of our problems but he slips badly sometimes and I'm desperately searching for something comfortable that could give him some traction so he'll stop wrenching his back. Can you tell us more about the design, or post some pictures? Does it completely encase the foot or is it straps with a sole, is the bottom rubberized or leather, does it have tread, how would it stay on in water...you get the idea.
default_laugh.png

Thanks!

Leia
I bet Janie would send you a pair to road test. You tend to cover more different surfaces than most of us !

PlumCreekVickie2009001.jpg

She emailed me the brochure minutes after I posted here and informs me there's already an A-sized pair at Happ's that I can try! *LOL* Now if only poor Kody would stop being LAME and sore in the back so I could actually drive him...maybe we could get back to pounding the pavement.
default_rolleyes.gif
This has not been our year.
default_no.gif

Leia

Latest posts

Back