Roaches.This is grosing me out.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intexas2stay

Reaction score
OK I am pretty much a native texan. I have lived with Scorpions, and actually started collecting the awful things in a jar of alchohol. Fire Ants, AMDRO! Mosquitoes OFF em. Even slept with a snake in my bed one night
default_new_shocked.gif
Now I have always lived in a House, but my home now is a 30 ft travel trailer (LOVE IT). Since moving down to the coast, Well I have roaches. NEVER in my life had I ever seen a roach in any house I lived in as child or adult. I was told just to get used to it, my home is on wheels, bugs crawl in and make themselves at home. I am not afraid of them, but they do carry diseases right? I know they dont bite. They are about 1/2 inch long, and a light brown color. Question is, aside from an outside exterminator, how do I kill them? What works? I was told that you can microwave a roach and it wont die. Now, I hate killing anything, I fish all of the time, but rarely do I keep anything I catch, I just throw it back. But I am a bit curious about the microwave thing... But seriously, what do I need to do? Until I do get them gone, should I wash any dish or glass I use before I use it? Is dish soap enough, or is bleach better? I have been using paper products lately. After I kill them, what should I wash everything down with? (meaning mainly cubbards who dont get regular daily cleaning) What diseases do they carry? Are my pets in danger of catching anything? Boyfriend has been having lots of unexplained headaches lately, could it be something from the roaches?

Roaches creep me out!.....give me a snake (non-venimous or course) , bat, frog, lizard anytime....but a roach!!???
default_shutup.gif
default_xbud.gif
default_xreiter.gif
This website is pretty neat.

Eww.. HATE roaches. I just scream and my brother or dad will come running to kill it.. They just squish 'em.
default_new_shocked.gif

I remember this one time in particular when I was laying in bed about to fall asleep, and I heard a "clink". I turned on the light, and low and behold, a roach had fallen on my from my fan above me!! I just about had a heart attack, jumped out of bed, and started screaming. Thank god my brother came to the rescue to kill it.
default_wacko.png

I have lived around them my whole life, and we have never bleached anything after killing one. If it was on a counter, we will just use some sort of kitchen cleaner after we killed it. I have never gotten sick by one, or my pets. I have never worried about diseases from them; just their creeeepy legs.

My husband swears he gets the fastest knockdown using Comet Bathroom Cleaner spray! You use one of the insecticides, they may take a long time to die, but hit that buzzard with the Comet, and a few seconds later, he's TOAST!!
default_yes.gif

I know they say that the sprays can be bad for you but I would still do that. leave everything inside and spray everywhere really good. You should maybe wear a mask while doing this. Then leave for the day or at least four hours with everything all closed up. When you come back open all of the windows and doors and turn on a fan to air out the place. then clean everything thouroughly including all of your clothes. Vacum everywhere, they say when a female roach dies it drops it's egg pouch and is not affected by the spray. they can be brought in in boxes or just about anything. So you might not want to save any boxes from thing you receive. They can live in furniture so be sure to spray underneath the cushions. You may have to do this more than once. maybe a month apart. (maybe 2 weeks)

I have heard that foggers have started fires, so i would not use any of those. I don't know if that is true or not.

Happy Hunting!

OMG I HATE ROACHES :Cold-Scared I hope you get rid of them soon! Dirty little suckers
default_no.gif

Not sure what a fogger is....

But I bought a little unit that plugs into your electric circuit. It sends out a pulse through your circuit which literally drives them out!

I actually bought it for rats - but had a pleasant side effect of getting rid of roaches and ants.

Before that though, I have a spray unit that puffs out every 15 mins which kept the little blighters under control too.

I was always told roaches liked clean places so take their presence as a compliment?????
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back