RIP Poldo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
Last night my 16 year old Yorkie cross passed away in Italy all alone, I feel awful now about having left him. I knew he wouldn't last forever but I just wish he could have waited 2 more days as I will be back from my Xmas holiday.

He was a real character, he was tiny and was brushed daily but still always looked like he had been dragged through a hedge backwards! we had him snipped as a puppy but he still thought he was the "boy" He would usually indulge in his sexual necessities as soon as someone would come to the house.
new_shocked.gif
He had be trying for 16 years to kill the postman who thought the daily attack was hilarious.

RIP my little man, you will be greatly missed

This was Poldo waiting for the postman to arrive so he could chase him off.

This photo was taken in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww I am sorry. It just might be he didn't want you to have to make that decision. Sorry you lost your little man.

Awww Renee, my heart goes out to you. It does help the hurt to share funny stories. My first German Shepherd, that I was trialing with in Schutzhund passed away last year at Easter and it still hurts. The other day I just burst into tears thinking about how I miss him so.

I was a groomer for many years and loved grooming the yorkies. Spunky little dogs lol. I had one client named Romeo. He lived up to his name. I wonder if he is related to your guy
default_risa8.gif

Big Hugs,

Stacy

Oh Renee, I'm so very sorry that you have lost your little man and that it had to happen when you were over here in the UK. But, as others have said, perhaps he knew that you would be happily with your family when he chose the moment to pass.

Love the story about the postman - bet he's going to miss his morning escapades with such a big savage dog!

Sending you my sincere sympathies and ((((HUGS))))

I'm so sorry! Nothing has hurt worse in my life than losing a dog. They're family, and your little guy really does sound like a character. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

So sorry for your loss.

This is part of a story I once read, and I think it is so true.

"People are born so they can learn to live a good life - like loving everybody all the time and being nice. Dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to live as long."

I'm so sorry Renee. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you. (((((hugs)))))

Awww, I am so very sorry for your loss! Maybe your little man was trying to spare you some pain, thinking it would be easier for you if he left while you were away.

default_saludando.gif
oh renee iam so sorry to hear about your muched love Poldo

sending you a great big hug
default_wub.png

Oh no Renee, I just saw this thread. I'm so very sorry your sweet little man has gone. I know it's heartbreaking and I know you wish you had been there. Bless his little soul. I agree that he just didn't want you to see him go. He wants you to have the wonderful memories. Buy sweet little Poldo
default_bye-sad.gif

So sorry, Renee. Big ((((HUGS))))

Latest posts

Back