RIP Dell Tera's Checkers and Vandy's Smoke and Mirrors

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this post yesterday, but just couldn't find the words to say, still don't have many. I had the honor of visiting Dell Teras many years ago, and going into Mr. Williams home. It was amazing, he was already getting on in years but it was obvious he still loved his horses. He had an oil painting of Boones Buckaroo over his mantle, so beautiful. He also showed me Checkers, his favorite stallion, of course he was in the field and I only saw him from afar. We also have several of the Dell Tera horses, some have since been sold, as we are getting up there now, but I still have a couple.

I really feel for your grief. In his later years the horses were sold off, and you deffinatly got his favorite and turned him into a diamond. I lost one of my favorites from Dell Teras also, a mare out of High Bid. The pain is awful, but does lessen some, but your memories of him will remain, and you now have a wonderful, colorful colt to carry on the legacy.

I saw this post yesterday, but just couldn't find the words to say, still don't have many. I had the honor of visiting Dell Teras many years ago, and going into Mr. Williams home. It was amazing, he was already getting on in years but it was obvious he still loved his horses. He had an oil painting of Boones Buckaroo over his mantle, so beautiful. He also showed me Checkers, his favorite stallion, of course he was in the field and I only saw him from afar. We also have several of the Dell Tera horses, some have since been sold, as we are getting up there now, but I still have a couple.

I really feel for your grief. In his later years the horses were sold off, and you deffinatly got his favorite and turned him into a diamond. I lost one of my favorites from Dell Teras also, a mare out of High Bid. The pain is awful, but does lessen some, but your memories of him will remain, and you now have a wonderful, colorful colt to carry on the legacy.
Thank you Riverrose.

Checkers truly was an amazing horse and we lost a piece of history with him. I hope that with his one daughter and son I have left, they will carry on his legacy. I wish I had been able to see Checkers at Dell Tera Farm running with all his mares. I bet he was so happy.

Sorry for you loss as well.

We also found out that out the two mares we bred to his 4 year old son before losing him that my best driving mare is in foal. We are praying she carries it to term as she is older and has had issues before.

Latest posts

Back