RIP Bickels Tattoo Shady Lady

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh so sorry to hear of the loss of your mare - such a pretty girl and at least she got the love and attentions she deserved with you and got to be a happy horse.

Such a sad story
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
sounds like she had some peace though, towards the end of her life.

So sorry she is gone, but take comfort knowing her later years were the best of her life.

I am so sorry to hear that you have lost her, but feel good that at least the last few years of her life were good ones with you with a kind and loving owner who showed her there was another side to life than the horrible misery she was living in before. Bless you for giving her a life where she was cared for and she at least had some happiness in her life. Hugs to you.

I arrived at REO's house and Robin had just got your email. She came out to greet me crying. I remember her having an ear tag. I am so sorry Mary. Just know that while you were blessed to have found her, she knew in her heart that you loved her, and she also knew the feeling of a full happy belly, safe warm bed at night and a loving hand. Your 2 mares at REO's are beautiful! Again I am so sorry for you and Lady...HUGS My Friend

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. You know how I feel about daughters of old Tattoo(at least, the three I've 'seen', either in person or in pics, have all been NICE mares, and excellent producers...yours, mine, and one that Laura had). I did not until you posted this AM know the 'whole' story of how you found, and liberated, your Lady...what a blessing you were for her, and how wonderful that she lived on in your loving care!

My Melody started out similarly...a foal at side when she was not yet 3, when I saw and chose her from a large herd at Anthony...at least, no one had put a cow tag in her ear(what a horrid thing to do to a horse, esp. a tiny one...).

My heart is with you after your devastating loss, but surely you will meet her at the Bridge again some day. Melody is doing well at nearing 29; yet I know the time I will lose her is coming, and I can hardly stand to consider it.

All my condolences,

Margo

Mary - I am so, so sorry for your loss...
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
Bless your heart for giving her the love and kindness she deserved...

Liz

I am so sorry for your lost. I am glad that she knew love and kindness.

So sorry for your loss.
sad.gif
Such a sad beginning for her.

Please take comfort in knowing what a lovely life you provided for her. She must have understood how much you loved her and felt secure for the first time. Try to be glad you had each other, hold on to her memory, and she will still be in your heart for a long time to come.

Mary, I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your special mare, Lady. Hugs to you.

You were her guardian angel when you rescued her. I hope you take comfort in knowing you gave her a very good life until the end. ((((hugs))))

Latest posts

Back