RIP Bickels Tattoo Shady Lady

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBennettp

Reaction score
We lost our beautiful Lady this morning to a tragic accident. We are absolutely devastated.

Some of you may remember my Lady and the problems she had when we first got her. She had a very tough life in her former home and had a LOT of issues that we dealt with.

When I first saw Lady, she was standing knee deep in mud in a small pen with about 15 mini babies and one other mare. She was terrified of people and would squeeze against the fence on the far side of the pen. She had a cow tag in her ear and was covered in mud and lice. I found out later that she was pregnant with her 11th foal at age 13. She was also very wormy.

It took 4 of us to get a halter on her and get her home. She was terrified of the sound of grain hitting the feeder, she hadn't ever had grain and it took nearly a week to get her to taste it. She had been turned out in a pasture with a bunch of other mares and a stallion and left to fend for herself. She had been basically untouched since they had put the tag in her ear.

It took years to get her to trust us but she would be the first one at the gate in the mornings and wanted to be the first fed. She would beg for treats and loved her cookies and peppermints.

She leaves a big hole in our hearts but we know she is not in pain and is running free with the baby she lost last year. Last year's foal was the first foal she had since we had owned her.

Run with the wind beautiful girl until we see you again, know that we loved you.

ladysept12008.jpg

My heart goes out to you ....... so very sorry.

How wonderful that you were there to save her and make her final years paradise. Enjoty the Elysian Fields Lady.

I loved Lady too and I'm devastated for you Mary.

I met Lady when she still had the tag in her ear soon after you got her. I remember that she came near me and let me pet her face!

It was great having her here last year visiting.

I'm stunned, deeply hurt and so sorry you lost Lady Mary.

default_crybaby.gif
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

She knew she was loved!!!!

Our offer stands, if you want to borrow a mare to keep Dawn company, come on down.

I am so sorry for your loss! What a wonderful life you gave her.

default_saludando.gif
what a sad story good on ya for taken her in and she had a great life with you

RIP little one
default_wub.png

I am sorry. She was so lucky that you saved her and she got to enjoy your love and care and she got learn what good was. God bless you during this difficult time.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
But I'm so very happy that you found her and took her in and gave her some wonderful years!

I am so sorry for your loss, it sounds like she was a very loved little girl.

RIP Lady and fun free

So very sorry you have lost such a precious and well loved little girl. Sending hugs and my sympathies.

Anna

I'm so sorry for your loss but so thrilled she knew love, kindness and compassion while with you.

Hugs to you. Godspeed special girl.

so sorry , try to take comfort from the fact that you made her last years happy and carefree , she knew kindness in her life because of you

Aaahhh Mary, I am so sorry. I hope it helps you to know that you gave her a wonderful life in her later years. She knows she was loved.

Bless your heart.

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back