Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the camera battery on charger now! Will get some photos today at their new place.

Moving them went mostly well. I hadn't decided whether to put the halter and lead on Liquorice since she's so little but in the end thought if she doesn't just follow mum onto the float we'll be having a battle of the wits to get her on. I'd been playing with her and the halter for a couple of weeks before and she was fine with it draped over her face but come Wednesday when I needed to actually tie it up she didn't like the restraint and the bucking session started. I found she quiets down if you straddle her with your legs close so we did it up that way. Mini foal halter was way to big, had to knot it. Sweety bounded up onto the float, such a good girl. Liquorice had all stiff limbs pointed towards the float as she resisted the whole way to go in
default_new_rofl.gif
. With the help of shoves from behind we got her up. Poor girl was shaking like a leaf and my daughter was close to tears thinking she would die from fright. Trip went well and took a bit of coaching to get her out. After everything I thought Liquorice would hate me but she came straight up for massive cuddles and kisses while I took her halter off. No wonder I love her to bits
default_new_rofl.gif

Finally got some photos for you guys.

DSC_0054.JPGDSC_0055.JPGDSC_0063.JPGDSC_0072.JPGDSC_0075.JPGDSC_0076.JPG

And isn't she the biggest meanie, looking at me with this little face when I needed to leave
default_sad.png

DSC_0078.JPG

And some photos of our new block.

DSC_0048.JPGDSC_0049.JPG
DSC_0050.JPGDSC_0051.JPG

OOOOO, I wanna move over to the next block!!

and that face!! My larger ponies, while beautiful, just don't have that same look... I will need to do some more updated pics again myself.

What a fabulous new home - horsey heaven I'd call it!!

And thanks for the pictures - she is just such a little cutie, pretty too.
default_yes.gif

She's just so yummi. Can't wait to move out to our block tho, this town life is smothering! I'm guessing we'll be in around march next year. Going to start the paper work this week to get started!

Give her a big cuddle from Auntie Diane! She did so good!! It's certainly to your credit that she came through and knew it wasn't your fault that she had the little time of stress!

That is certainly "horsie heaven" -- what a beautiful place. They are going to love it there!!!

The pictures are wonderful -- and that little face just so precious!

Super keen! Should be signing house contract end of this week
default_thumbup.gif

Hopefully getting a guy out to build some paddock fences for me within the month
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

We had our first ever baby chicks arrive yesterday. Our surrogate hen did the three week stint and we got 4 out of 6 hatch. They are so cute and all to different mums so not sure what colour they'll end up. We've never done this before but it was so much easier than mare staring
default_new_rofl.gif

During foaling time I always miss breeding rabbits.

One month pregnancy, birth unassisted, exploring at 3 weeks, weaning at 8, breeding age at 3 months! So much easier
default_new_rofl.gif

Took some photos today. Only on my phone tho, so not super clear. You cant tell in the photos but she looks like a dark bay which is what her grand dam was so it might stay like that. After these photos I introduced the clippers which at she was pretty good around. Once she found the massage qualities of the clippers I got in trouble every time I took them off, stomping and tail swishing and trying to sit on me till I put them back on her.

IMG_20131021_100804.jpg

IMG_20131021_100832.jpg

IMG_20131021_101316.jpg

IMG_20131021_101655.jpg

What an absolute little poppet!! Thanks for the updated pics Hayley.

Not too sure where in Aussieland you are, but I hope it is a long way from those terrible bush fires??

There were a couple of minor ones around my area but we've just had major rain so its all clear now. The closest major fires are about 9 hours away down Cassie's way. Not sure how far she is but she's posted on facebook again looking after someone's little pony while the fires are raging, so she must be safe where she is. The pony in question looks like Suzie's new boyfriend so she's probably stoked lol.

Cassie must be enjoying herself with Suzie's new bf there!! Someone tell her we want pictures!!! Remind her, some of us don't 'do' FB !

So Im going to try to finish clipping off Likki this week. I only did a little the other day and my daughter was with me and didn't want me to do it. Since she is pushing 3 months I would probably leave it, to keep my baby a baby, but the weather is getting so stinking hot lately, she's prone to ticks, and I really want to see if there are any hiding dots!

I had a couple of questions to ask but now I can only remember one of them.
default_new_rofl.gif
At what age do you start teaching foals to tie up? I think we've covered this before but I can't remember. If its best to wait till later on I'll just have to leave her head furry coz she wont stand still for that.

Personally, since most of my babies were being sold over the years, I made sure they were comfortable being tied so as to protect them from inexperienced future owners, and often had a whole line of tied babies standing down the side of the barn to learn how to stand quietly for feeding, farrier work and/or clipping.

I usually started when they were first weaned -- so around 4 months -- and often fed them separately while they were tied, so they were looking forward to being tied because they were getting their meals. After short sessions of letting them eat and grooming them, they were then returned to the weanling pasture where they had access to 'free food' and play time with their buddies.

As to clipping the head, I clipped most of my babies as very little ones (usually less than 1-2 months), so they would either fall asleep in my lap or just fall asleep standing up. So, for me, they got used to the clippers at a very young age and there were never any problems with being afraid or difficult to clip when they got older.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back