Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pictures of the sire. I guess I got lost in the thread. Sometimes I forget to go back and look. So, yes, smoky black. And I know what you mean about the mane changes! What a hoot !

I totally forgot as well, hence the edit when I suddenly thought "hey maybe she posted a pic of the dad at some point"
default_new_rofl.gif

I wish the smokey blacks got more love! Most people seem to see them as the "lesser" cream. Back when I showed Baringa in dilution classes he would almost never even place with some very "bad" examples of other colours, usually silver going well ahead of him. I was mean one day when the judge said "he's just not a good example of a taffy" (what some call silver in Australia) and I replied "I'd really hope not since he's a smokey black." They stared at me in confusion so they got a quick genetics lesson
default_wink.png

I can just imagine your encounter with the judges lol

We did the big move into town on the weekend, super tired but glad its over. Been checking the girls but keep forgetting to take the camera out, but will try to remember tomorrow when I go to see if I can capture this brownish nose that is emerging.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can see why I needed a season off
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Yes we are badly over due for new pictures, you know you get kicked out if you make us all wait for too long
default_wink.png

Glad the move went ok - well as ok as moves can go! Hope you will get properly settled in very soon. Are Sweety and bubs with you/near you? Sorry cant remember what you said before.

And yes, new pics would be great as soon as you get a free moment.
default_yes.gif

The baby photos give him away Diane
default_smile.png
A lot of the silver blacks are born more biscuit coloured while this guy popped out very black.

Here's Baringa, registered incorrectly as a silver due to the excellent impersonation of silver that the smokey blacks often do
default_wink.png

attachicon.gif
vmc10_sat_01-05_034.jpg

attachicon.gif
friends.jpg

And you should warn me before posting pics of your boy Diane, now I don't have a bucket handy fro my drool :p

Edit:

Jade posted this awhile back http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=132227&do=findComment&comment=1524220

So we can see the sire is straight black, no silver.

Plus some of this boys colour shifts are identical to what I've seen Baringa do over the seasons. He does that horrible "look at my glorious golden mane.... no wait, I've turned it red and black again. haha."
Hahaha my Cooper does the same thing with his mane, but at the moment he has rubbed it all out
default_sad.png
I do love the smokey black colour too though!

I am also going to request more pictures please
default_smile.png

Sorry about the lack of pictures, I'm completely hopeless. Had the camera out to take this morning and left without it!

Got her first tick yesterday. Big paralysis mongrel, altho not fully engorged. She's was completely fine, I just found it whilst having my cuddle and nipping evasion. Drove back into town to get some tweezers, came back and had to get the guy mowing our lawn to hold her while I pulled it off. She was NOT impressed. Checked her again last night and this morning and she's still bouncing around thank goodness!

Our rental is about 15mins from our old house and I'm planning to move the girls Monday to my parents house. Super busy here and my hubby has gone down with anxiety disorder so I'm kinda like a single parent moving house lol.

Ouch! So glad we don't get the ticks down here, I'd probably go all insane and paranoid searching for them!

Found a cattle tick today on her chest this arvo. Such a pain. Of course I didn't have the tweezers with me so had to be all farmer country girl and just use my fingers. Sweety doesn't have any. Read online that you should wear light colour clothing to avoid ticks, so liquorice has no hope lol. Oh and I forgot to take the camera again sorry

Sounds like tweezers are going to become part of your "pocket" attire! You're such a good mommy!!

Hope your husband comes through like a trooper very soon for you!

Ive been away for a bit ( hubby has me working for my keep...drats! ) I love the name!!! And boy what a cutie she is Congratulations!!!From the day they hit the ground they grow so darn fast so.....enjoy, enjoy and enjoy her to bits!!!

FYI...putting her in the clothes dryer does not work when it comes to keeping her teeney tiny!!

Finally remembered to take my camera out but it was dead flat when I turned it on. I took some shots on my phone and worked out how to email them to myself then upload. She's a bit hard to photograph, wants to cuddle all the time! In one of the photos you can see how her nose fluff has rubbed off and there is brown underneath.No ticks today ;)

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg4.jpg

What a little sweetheart!! HA! Heidi, only you would try to keep them small in the dryer!!

Don't you just love that stage where all you can get is photos of noses pressed against the lens?
default_new_rofl.gif

Oh she is just soooooooooooooooo cute! Please try to remember your camera more often - we need lots of pictures on a regular basis!!

Good luck with the move hope they settle down quickly for you.
default_yes.gif

Back