Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good photos! I tried so hard to try her, went through 3 towels and she was still damp! She had lighter fluff around her tail.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

What a wonderful baby! She is just beautiful and leggy!! Just what we ordered -- except she burnt her a bit!! Not to worry, I've had many a foal hide SPOTS under the baby fluff! But even if she's not hiding them -- she can develop them as she matures -- or you can get the correction fluid out!
default_whistling.gif

I'm just so excited for you!!! WELL DONE SWEETY !!!!!!!!!! she looks fabulolus!! And you did a great job being there to make sure all went well!! Can't wait to see her all dried off!!!

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Well done Sweety!! Well done you too!! What a fabulous looking little filly!! Yes I agree with the others - she will grey out but she still may have spots as she matures.
default_yes.gif

Cant wait for the dry pics when you are ready. Am absolutely thrilled for you Hayley - after all this time she is just perfect.
default_thumbup.gif

Thank everyone! Kids have named her Liquorice, altho if they greying happens we might have to change to vanilla lol.

Sweety is being such a good mum. I did half hour checks till 12am then fell asleep till 4am. Sweety has kept Liquorice in the shelter since about 7pm. Its not freezing out but you can feel the due starting to settle so its good they're under cover and warm. Will take photos when the sun comes up. Liquorice is a total fluff pot. Looks like all her underneath has white fur.

wow, were all these babies born the same day?? You two (never2minis as well) kept the filly fairy!!

What a cutie and I don't think I see the grey goggles on her but I don't know how prevalent that is in mini greys. I know that with the ones I've seen in mustangs, QH, Paints and Arabs always had the goggles - some a bit "smaller" (narrower band) around the eyes but still noticeable.

Cute little girl!! Guess now we just have to wait until she sheds her foal coat.

I just measured her before and came up with 21". Her feet and legs aren't completely straight yet so should I wait till then to measure her birth height?

She's adorable!!

Want me to share a picture on the colour group I hang out in? Or since you're on fb I could send you a link to the group
default_smile.png
At the moment I could see her going either way but I THINK I'm leaning towards black... today anyway
default_new_rofl.gif

Oh and I've thought of a reg name. Since she has the same head as her dad (New Beginnng Gypsy Warrior) I'm thinking 'Ridges GW Gypsy's Shadow'.

I just measured her before and came up with 21". Her feet and legs aren't completely straight yet so should I wait till then to measure her birth height?

What I would suggest is to measure the cannon bone. That measurement will tell more, and you don't have to wait until she's fully up on her feet!

I'm leaning to black, too, but it's very hard to tell this early. But whatever color she turns out -- she's just precious and beautiful!! And you never know -- you might find SPOTS under that baby fluff!!

Cannon bone is 7.5". Dug around in the fluff for a while but all I could see was black. Black hooves and black girly bits

Here are a few of my 'blacks' - they are all related. Original mare, Black Bess of Croust - British Shetland, obviously must have been black at birth, but was totally white by the time I got her aged 16, she's lightly flea bitten in the summer, now in her 30th year and well and truely retired!

Bess has produced this filly by a black stallion - filly greyed out by the time she was 3.

ancaster_bethany.jpg

She then produced these two (filly and colt) to my red dun stallion - both stayed their birth colour.

spirit.jpgbess%202%2008.jpg

Another of Bess' daughters, BB, a solid black mare by a black pinto stallion produced these two fillies, the first by my red dun and the second by my Falabella stallion Ansel (liver chestnut), both these two turned out to be and remained true black in their colouring.

baboushka.jpgbb%203%2008.jpg

Colours are soooooooooo interesting!!

I think we are due more pics of your pretty little girl Hayley.
default_yes.gif

Colours are rather funny lol. Will get you some photos in the morning. Her feet aren't as relaxed this evening and starting to look normal. She has to trot to keep up with mums walk and its so cute. Sweety has kept her in the shelter all day only wandering out a little when Liquorice is asleep then racing back if she hears a movement. Such a good mumma.

Latest posts

Back