Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Anna said, textbook progression -- and she's even got a nice "V" going in the past couple of days!

You're going to do fine. Reread the post on deliveries pinned at the top of the forum -- even print it out so you have any instructional help you might need. Have the vet's phone # on speed dial, and just enjoy. The greatest chance are you'll just get to watch, but if you're prepared, you'll be able to act quickly if she needs help.

I can't wait to see this special little one -- it's been a long time coming, and I just KNOW she's got something special for you (and us) !!

She's looking great!

Deep breaths, you've got my fb and email if you need them
default_smile.png
You know I'll chat minis for hours if you need to have a natter!

Best thing you can do is practise what you will do when the moment comes. I use my foaling alarms false alerts for this, it quickly shows up any areas of preparation you might have neglected.

Day 316

V seems to have curved back again lol. Vulva is average loose, still pink inside.

DSC_0041.JPGDSC_0042.JPGDSC_0044.JPGDSC_0045.JPG

Loving the slow and steady progress!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Little backwards and forwards steps are pretty common. It's when they hit and stay at action stations that you need to get excited... and panic, and forget everything you know, remember everything you know, become unable to sleep and eventually realise your mare knows what she's doing and you're just the back up support
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Sorry but not prepared to guess at this stage - things could change very fast or they could just move steadily - your guess is as good as mine! LOL!!

She's moving ahead nicely, though! Such a pretty udder -- we've waited so long to see this nice filling....and she looks great!

Yay finally really good progress from sweetie! She is looking great! And reminds me of suzies last stages of pregnancy lol
default_smile.png
keep an eye on her in case she suddenly gets a massive bag over night but it looks like she is progressing really well textbook. Now praying for a textbook delivery
default_smile.png
)

This is from today's check. I was only going to post every second day but thought I'd better get this one checked. Is this the look of when both teats are facing the ground and I should be on alert? Forgot to check inside but her hooha was still pretty tight.

yesterday and today

DSC_0044.JPGDSC_0042.JPG

yesterday and today

DSC_0043.JPGDSC_0043.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks as though she's moving forward quite fast - watch for those teats to actually 'fill', plus any loosening of her hooha and a change of colour inside her vulva for any last minute signs.

Yes, I do think you should be shifting to full time 'full alert' from now on!
default_yes.gif

She's looking so good!!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Is Ashanti a maiden?
Worse, she's the mare I lost the foal from two years ago
default_sad.png
She also doesn't develop a real udder until post foaling so she won't give me the LOVELY progression Sweety is showing you!

So be prepared for a total lack of common sense and calm thinking from me as she gets closer!
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back