Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty good with details but maybe I typed the dates in wrong when I recorded the September cover? If I got it right she's 4 weeks and 1 day away from day 300 and anything after that is safe isn't it? What are the symptoms if she's getting that placenta problem that can make their udders arrive too soon? Sorry, loaded with questions!

So just for my sake humour me and let me know what I'm looking for. First pic is 15 May, last one today. Is it because the nipples looks shorter that you think she's getting ready?

/monthly_05_2013/post-44615-0-40536200-1368577609_thumb.jpg/monthly_06_2013/post-44615-0-42308900-1371518432_thumb.jpg

Hayley, it is simply because her whole udder is filling, plus I'm watching the shape of her tummy too (dont forget I'm used to watching late term mares that are overweight!). As a maiden mare I would be expecting her udder to start 'filling' once she reached the approx 300 days, not some 30 days earlier - this could be your clue that she took a month earlier than the date you (and the vet) thought.

But I dont think you have to worry about anything being wrong - she is just progressing perfectly for HER dates, not YOURS!! LOL!!

Again I shall be interested what the others think - wake up you lot and start posting!!
default_yes.gif

Wish I could see her in person, so much easier to judge then photos when you're still fairly rookie-ish like me!

Be prepared for a winter foal and cross your fingers and hope she carries longer! But don't stress, what will be, will be
default_smile.png

I'm in agreement, that with her udder development and the filling going on, I'm still thinking she is past her 300 day mark, and moving ahead nicely. I can't wait to see this little one -- so we'll all watch and see!

Hayley it isn't so much her nipples as the total lack of wrinkles in the second pic, the changes can be hard for newbies to see that is why we insist on pics. If you look closely you can see that in the second pic she has a distinct two sides to her udder as it is starting to fill.
default_smile.png
post the exact same angle in a couple of days cos I am betting it will be even easier to see.

I can see what you mean about the wrinkles now. I guess being a newbie, unless there's a full bag there today that wasn't there yesterday I'm not going to notice the subtle changes lol

Sorry for the delay with photos, I've been keeping an eye on her but kept forgetting to take the camera with me. So here she is, leg on our left was back and right leg was way forward. I tried to move her but to straighten up but she was glued apparently. Second photo is her modelling one of my halters. Nothing like seeing a large naked pregnant hairy model to start your day
default_new_rofl.gif

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks
default_smile.png
. She was a bit worried about trying it on to start with but after a bit of time playing trust games with it she was fine.

Any readings on those udders, anybody?

I think the nipples are still saying "no go!" even the little udder mares here get parted nipples. Still got my fingers crossed for a spring foal so might be biased :p

Yes, spring would be good! I just realised we have to go to Brisbane mid august for Phoebe's next lumber puncher so I'll have to get a baby sitter to stay if she hasn't had it by then.

Yes, nipples usually separate before foaling no matter the size of the udder. So, she's doing fine, and is letting you know she's stll cooking!

285 days today if my dates were correct. The photo isn't real good, didn't realise I had the zoom on lol.

DSC_0004.JPG

Gosh I love their little characters.
default_wub.png

DSC_0003.JPG

I took it in the middle of the night.
default_new_rofl.gif
Seriously, not sure what happened to that upload. Udder looks loose and floppy again. is this the start of the up down up down?

Sometimes udders do funny things due to hormones or nutrition.

That's why I ignore them until they do something proper and stay that way
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl Evil mares!

LOL, well I will be one happy woman when this stage of my life is finally over!
default_new_rofl.gif
At worst I have approx. 2 months of waiting left.

Back