Ride Fell Through-SHE IS HERE!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterCountry

Reaction score
My friend who was supposed to trailer Dally, my first mini mare, back to me, totally screwed me over today and actually picked the mare up to deliver her, and ended up going home to deliver puppies. I took the day off work for this and her boyfriend was home to look after the dogs, so I am furious and disappointed. Her boyfriend had actually started to drive her here and then he upped the price on us and when he heard we didn't have what he wanted, he promptly dropped her off back at her owners. We agreed on a trailering price and now I won't be able to afford to get her here through a trailering company. I am so upset. We are working on finding someone in the area she is in to see if someone could even truck her as we have the trailer...just no truck. I can't believe she did this to me..I have been friends with her for ten years. I think the friendship is over because of this. There is much more to the story and basically she lied to me, and I feel very betrayed and disappointed that I waited and waited like a kid at Christmas for this day to come (so did my kids) only to have her get 15 minutes from her owners house and back again.

Thanks for letting me vent. Cross fingers that we find her a ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend who was supposed to trailer Dally, my first mini mare, back to me, totally screwed me over today and actually picked the mare up to deliver her, and ended up going home to deliver puppies. I took the day off work for this and her boyfriend was home to look after the dogs, so I am furious and disappointed. Her boyfriend had actually started to drive her here and then he upped the price on us and when he heard we didn't have what he wanted, he promptly dropped her off back at her owners. We agreed on a trailering price and now I won't be able to afford to get her here through a trailering company. I am so upset. We are working on finding someone in the area she is in to see if someone could even truck her as we have the trailer...just no truck. I can't believe she did this to me..I have been friends with her for ten years. I think the friendship is over because of this. There is much more to the story and basically she lied to me, and I feel very betrayed and disappointed that I waited and waited like a kid at Christmas for this day to come (so did my kids) only to have her get 15 minutes from her owners house and back again.

Thanks for letting me vent. Cross fingers that we find her a ride.

Where is the horse at now? Something will work at. At least you know the filly is safe.

Where is the horse at now? Something will work at. At least you know the filly is safe.

She is back at her owner's house (Lindsay, Ontario). She is due to foal in July and owner wants her here before then..she is dispersing all her horses due to finances and I can't believe she had to put up with this today. She will hang onto her though while I keep searching.

I hope you get your horse home. I had a friend for over 20 years and one day she totally screwed me over with an adoption (child) by not replying to the reference request because her husband did his reply. They took a no reply worse than a bad reply and she knew it. Not friends any more. Oh, and it was that we were friends from the 7th grade.

I am sorry. That is too bad. I read thru the post and the one thing I can't believe is that she was going to CHARGE you. Follow the earlier suggestion and rent a truck. None of us need friends like that.

I am sorry. That is too bad. I read thru the post and the one thing I can't believe is that she was going to CHARGE you. Follow the earlier suggestion and rent a truck. None of us need friends like that.
Yes, but I don't expect even friends to do it for free. She would have been driving a pretty good distance and back again and her time as well. She is one busy woman.

She has cleared things up with me but her boyfriend will not let her haul the horse to me. He keeps enough of an eye on her that he would know if she did. She is trying to concoct a plan to get her here, for free, because she said she feels bad and she is extremely angry at her boyfriend right now.
default_new_argue.gif
(they live together and it's a really weird complicated relationship)

As for a truck, I don't drive and my husband has never driven a truck, let alone hauled a trailer.

Where can one rent a truck anyway? The trailer has a reese hitch too which makes things a little complicated.

Still have not found her a ride yet. Why is it that transport companies do not answer their dang phone? Can anyone list any haulers that are dependable and affordable for me to call (I already tried All Points in Lindsay and they told me to call back in two weeks and that was about two weeks ago and now I can't find their current number-the ones on the net I have found go to a cut off number.) All the others I have looked up on the net have not answered their phone or are too far away from the start location. Or I have left a message and no one returns my calls.
default_wacko.png

What a mess. I can't believe how hard it is to find a hauler! :arg!

What about Linda at Equine Xpress???

I'd help you out but it's a little far for me to drive down to move her for you,

unless you could wait until the end of July... but that would be too late.

Doobie

What about Linda at Equine Xpress???

I'd help you out but it's a little far for me to drive down to move her for you,

unless you could wait until the end of July... but that would be too late.

Doobie

Sent her an email..we'll see. That is 519 area code so pretty far from me..unless there is a trip planned past here.

I hope you get her home soon, and at minimal extra expense.
default_sad.png

Off topic...but as for your friend...IMHO, there is nothing complicated here...she just needs enough guts to throw this freeloading control freak's butt to the curb.

She has cleared things up with me but her boyfriend will not let her haul the horse to me. He keeps enough of an eye on her that he would know if she did. She is trying to concoct a plan to get her here, for free, because she said she feels bad and she is extremely angry at her boyfriend right now. (they live together and it's a really weird complicated relationship)

ow big is the mare? I've hauled horses in my CAR lots of time. Back seat of a pickup, 2YO stallion from Indiana to Michigan, back area of a Geo Metro (foal to the vet), back seat of a Monte Carlo - unless she's a B mare, you can get her inside a car.

Go get her yourself!

Mary Mykytyn is good, if I was closer I would do it but I am in Quebec, we have a 16 foot Exiss trailer. I have shipped a yearling filly in the back of my car and my in-laws have shipped calves in thier van.

I MAY have found someone..said he could do it tomorrow morning. Now I can't get hold of the owner and I am off to work this afternoon until late tonight. Thanks goodness both people are ok with night time phone calls!
default_thumbup.gif

Anyway, I am not holding my breath as these things tend to fall through on me in three's.

She is way too big to put in anything but a trailer. She is 36". And I would trust her in anything with glass as she broke the trailer window the first time she was loaded (she was freaking about her filly).

Thanks for all the help, if this falls through I will try Mary next!
default_worshippy.gif

The friend who fell through actually showed up with her this morning. it ended up costing me $120 which is still a good deal, but a jerk thing to do when she offered $60 before (her boyfriend stepped in and changed the price).

BUT the important part is she is home and eating grass and doing really well. I missed her and she is just as sweet as when she left 4 yrs. ago.

Let's hope everything continues to go well.

congrats on finally getting your girl home. Don't forget to share pics when you get a chance.

I am uploading video to Youtube as my camera is broken and won't take photos properly any longer. As soon as it is done I will post the link.
default_aktion033.gif

She is settling in well and is a big love bug just like I remember her!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back