Ribbons for Linda

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]Hi All,[/SIZE]

I have started a fundraiser for Linda Best called "Ribbons for Linda". This is how YOU can help!

There are two different ways to donate.

First Option - Flat Donation.

1. E-mail [email protected] with your name and your donation.

2. Write a check out to "Ribbons for Linda" and mail it to address below: OR go online at http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/ribbonsforlinda.html to donate via Paypal.

Second Option - Sponsorship per Ribbon - (Show your horse and find someone(s) to sponsor you.)

1. Before your show, fill out the form online http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/ribbonsforlinda.html. Ask your sponsors to pledge money for each ribbon that you win.

2. E-mail the form to [email protected].

3. After your show, send your total ribbons won to [email protected].

4. "Ribbons for Linda" will send a notification to your sponsor(s) for the amount that is due.

5. The sponsor should write a check payable to "Ribbons for Linda" and email it to the address below. Or go online at http://maineseacoastminiatures.com/ribbonsforlinda.html to pay via Paypal.

Ribbons for Lindac/o Kennebunk Savings Bank

P.O. Box 1880

Ogunquit, ME 03907
Every person participating should wear a purple ribbon to recognize pancreatic cancer awareness.
Questions? E-mail [email protected]

Thank you,

Makayla

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
This needed to be bumped up.

Mekayla thanks so much for doing all that you and your mom have done to get this fundraiser started for Linda and her family.

I know I have 2 girls getting pledges for a show today.

I have tried to write several times to tell all of you [especially Makayla] how much you all mean to me but everytime I look at this I start to cry because you have ALL been so wonderful. All I can say is thank you so very much. Love, Linda

Well I agree thsi is a wonderful idea and thank Makayla for doing this. I was at a show yesterday (so didn't register in advance) but I came home with 40 ribbons, including 3 PURPLE ONES!!! I had no idea that purple ribbons were for pancreatic cancer awareness, but I do now, and those ribbons are extra special and will remind me of Linda!!! Actually her farrier work and her comments on my horses probably helped me to win those ribbons, so thanks Linda!!!

I will make a donation based on that haul!!

Hey! For those of us who don't know (hoping I'm not the only one) can someone shed some light on who Linda is and what her situation is?

Thanks!!!!

Linda is forum member (Fred) who was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is well known in the miniature horse world winning many championships at a national level. But more importantly, she is a good friend to many, a great wife and terrific mom.

Refer to the Back Porch: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95478 to learn more.

We are all keeping her in our thoughts and prayers.

Sue

Linda is "Fred" here on the forum. See her post above and a longer thread on the Back Porch at

Thread about Linda on the Back Porch

You can also see recent photos of her and Fred (her horse) at a NEMHS show on this thread:

Recent photos of Linda and Fred on the Forum

Linda was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, as you will find out if you read the long thread on the Back Porch. There are lots of us praying for her!!! I hear she was at another show today, so maybe we will hear about that....

Sue - I don't even know you but obviously we think alike and posted at the same time!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you to the people that donated to Ribbons for Linda yesterday at the MMHC show. They were greatly appreciated!

FYI Pay Pal is up and running!

Makayla

Donations are rolling in!!!!! Thanks to all who have donated!

Our next fundraiser will be a show. All of the proceeds will be going to Linda and her family. The show committee consists of Matt Drown, Jen (normajeanbaker), Karen (dreamlandnh), Diana, Sue (Bozley), and myself.

We will be meeting soon. I will let you know the details!

Makayla

Makayla, Matt, Karen, Jen and I collaborated today on all the details for the show fundraiser. It is coming along great! We have a class list, judge, and most of the details settled. We just need to set a date which is dependent on the facility we use. We are trying to get a location in Southern NH area so that it is equal distance to the majority of people that would be attending.

We should have the details out soon! We hope a lot of people can attend. It should be a really fun day and it is for the BEST cause ever!!!!

Sue

I had two farms specifically in mind to host the show..... One STILL hasn't got back to me, and the other has an event on the 14th that they need to set up for. Today, I sent out a mass email to a ton of local farms with indoors, hoping to get a response from that, we'll see. If anyone knows of a good place in the seacoast area, let one of us know, I should specify with an indoor. I have pretty much raked all the local listings but it's possible I missed one....

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you to the people who have donated small 1st place prizes for our show![/SIZE]

Kay Jay Farm donated 6 halters w/leads
Debbie donated Twinkle

Chris Andersen donated Fur-Zoff
Thanks!

Makayla

Latest posts

Back