Results of proposals from AMHR Committee

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
Delete all references to photos being required for registry work. FAILED

AMHR horses that are also registered ASPC may show AMHR and ASPC at the same show. FAILED

Costume, soild and multi color classes may be held before model class for each sex. FAILED

Veteran halter class, 10 years and older. FAILED

Driving classes at the National show must be split at 25 entries. PASSED

Each driving class that is a split shall be awarded 1-10 awards and shall be called Division Champion. FAILED

To change the helmet rule from mandatory to optional. FAILED

Keep the deadline the same for the AMHR National show. PASSED

Post-entering for the National show and $100 penalty per horse per day up to 7 days postmarked after the original deadline. PASSED

It's been said that this year's Nationals lost about 165 entries due to the owners failing to enter in the deadline and estimated loss to those entries was almost $20,000. This year could have been the biggest Nationals we had!

Changed to no substitutions allowed. PASSED

Must send in entries together in order to be stalled together for Nationals. Basically keep it the same. PASSED

Keep the refund ruling the same. PASSED

Mail in National entries back to Lenard Davenport like in the passed instead of mailing them to the office. PASSED (SPLIT VOTE)

If a AMHR miniature measures at a show and measures over 38" 3 times at that show papers will be taken away. PASSED

AMHR National Judges:

Youth/Amateur: R. Daulton, C. Butler, L. Zadina

Open Halter: J. Curry, R. Petty, A. Faulk?

Open Performance: B. Fairchild, P. Sanders, A. VanWick

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. Some interesting results, but all good.

I wonder if everyone realizes what happens with this if it passes through next spring's board meeting?

If a AMHR miniature measures at a show and measures over 38" 3 times at that show papers will be taken away. PASSED

If you go to a show and you have a miniature that is hyped up, in heat, excited, etc. and you measure three times and all three times you measure out - you will loose your papers on that horse.

That's one show you are taking your chances on......

I wonder if everyone realizes what happens with this if it passes through next spring's board meeting?

If you go to a show and you have a miniature that is hyped up, in heat, excited, etc. and you measure three times and all three times you measure out - you will loose your papers on that horse.

Yikes! When I first read through it, I thought is said measuring over 38" at 3 SHOWS, in which case I was ok with. I've had mature horses measure at a 2" difference from one show to the next. That could be scary if you had a horse anywhere from 36"-38".

Yikes! When I first read through it, I thought is said measuring over 38" at 3 SHOWS, in which case I was ok with. I've had mature horses measure at a 2" difference from one show to the next. That could be scary if you had a horse anywhere from 36"-38".
If it were my horse and I knew it should be under, I would just not take it back the third time and go to the office and scratch the horse from the show. Better to lose the entry costs than to lose the papers.

That's right if you measure twice and your still not under then better be safe and sorry and just pull that horse from the show and take the chance on him again at another show. And the way it was passed there is no paper trail on the horse, which I know some wanted, so you can still go to show to show to show and still try to measure in. Just don't measure in that 3rd time. You can also pay and appeal to the BOD and get back the horse's papers.

IMO and some mentioned that they wanted this but many didn't I say instead of pulling the papers lets start introducing breeding papers. They are still AMHR registered just as a breeding stock and ineligible to show. And for the geldings there is the NSPPR that is a non-breeding registry and promotes sport ponies. Other then this I'm happy with what was and what wasn't passed, I'm still glad they are at least taking action at preventing the oversize minis show.

I'm glad to see the driving class split.... that's a safety issue that needed to be addressed. Imagine it's hard for judges to see everyone with 30 plus horses, too... 25 will still keep them busy.

Jan

If it were my horse and I knew it should be under, I would just not take it back the third time and go to the office and scratch the horse from the show. Better to lose the entry costs than to lose the papers.
Aha....I'm running a little slow today apparently
default_smile.png

Sorry just for clarification on the measuring over and having papers pulled section - is that not the current rule anyways ? That you have 3 measures and lose your papers ? People generally just measure twice and don't do the third?

Devon--currently there is nothing that says papers are to be pulled, only that the BOD will review. Horses that measure out do not lose their papers under the current rules.

It was said somewhere else that Austin VanWick did not accept and that Janice is the third performance judge. Don't know but that is what I read elsewhere.

I had always thought this was how the rule was so I don't have any problem with it at all. People talk about "don't take the 3rd measurement" meaning if you measure too tall the 1st and 2nd time you simply scratch the horse, take it home and live to show another day.

Jacki Loomis

I appreciate all the insights into this - I will be venturing into some miniature showing this year. I haven't had to worry about this.

I too thought that was always the rule. I think that this just makes it more hard and fast and takes some of the stress off our directors who should not have to be put in the position of dealing individual measurement cases. Just don't take the third measurement if the horse goes over 38 with the first two.

Latest posts

Back