Results From Steward Being Sued

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the horse measured over and can't be shown AMHR anymore, drive it at the ADS shows! We don't care how big your horse is, and if it measures over 39" at the withers (like the rest of the world measures horses), you can always play in the Small Pony division!
default_aktion033.gif
And truth be told, nobody really cares what your horse measures unless someone asks to have a horse measured. I have never had a horse measured. It is pretty much the honor system. I love ADS.
default_wub.png

Well, if the horse measured over and can't be shown AMHR anymore, drive it at the ADS shows! We don't care how big your horse is, and if it measures over 39" at the withers (like the rest of the world measures horses), you can always play in the Small Pony division!
default_aktion033.gif
And truth be told, nobody really cares what your horse measures unless someone asks to have a horse measured. I have never had a horse measured. It is pretty much the honor system. I love ADS.
default_wub.png

Never in my post did I say that the horse paper were pulled. she can still show the horse if she likes too and want too.

Now, I've heard it all. Someone sued a steward over a measurement they didn't agree with. A steward is like a referee at a sport event -we pay them for their call -what they say goes. We may not agree but the referee has the last call even if the video replay proves him wrong. What a sue happy world we live in.

When you go to a show with a horse that is close to the line, you take your chances. I'm really glad this steward stuck to his guns and measured it as he saw it. This crap of making measurements work at shows is just that, crap! Measuring has tightened up and rightfully so. It will never be an exact science until the method changes. If I have a horse really close in a class, he/she will have to stay home or wait until it moves into another age class.

Keep up the good work!

Barbie

I'm with you LaVern, utterly ridiculous. Maybe the 'handler' who was holding the horse while it was measured should be sued too for not 'holding it right'. Geez Louise.

Measuring is never an exact science and will not be while you have a living, breathing, moving animal whose body changes with weight, muscle tone and farrier work. And I agree, showing a horse that borderline is taking a chance that some days you are just gonna lose. Someone forgot to put on their big girl panties when they hauled the horse to the show that day.

I also didnt take the OP as a slam to anyone, but the results of an issue that has been long and drawn out, obviously painful for all those involved and I am sure people were wanting to know the results of the issue. I didnt take that it was meant to 'slam' anybody.

And by the way, for those who didnt catch the OP's name, it appears to be 'Diane', as she signed it that way. LOL

As someone said, I don't have a dog in this fight. But I have to say, that is never ceases to amaze me how people jump to the conclusion that the poster is 100% correct, and the person that they are talking about is completely in the wrong.

It is disappointing to see people passing judgement on someone who's side of the story we have not heard yet. I suspect a lot of people who are frustrated about competing against too-tall horses (I have been there!) and are projecting their frustrations on whoever this other person is, assuming she/he is one of them. (I can almost hear people thinking -"oh good, one of THEM got caught!"). Yes, stewards have a one of the toughest and most thankless jobs in our organization. (Our area has one of the toughest stewards around when it comes to measuring and I respect him for it!). But having a tough job, doesn't mean stewards are always in the right. Frankly, the unprofessional manner in which the poster has drug this out, and the fact that, contrary to what the poster says, I have never seen anything about this case except from this poster, makes me more sympathetic to the other person. Kudos to them for not responding to this bashing. The case is ended, and frankly posts like this make me wonder why I would want to be involved in this organization.

Diane who?

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
Never in my post did I say that the horse paper were pulled. she can still show the horse if she likes too and want too.
Didn't say you did. My point is that there is still a place to enjoy an oversize horse (pending it drives) and contribute to its value.

My husband was the one that was sued!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh it looks like this should be shut down in my opinion as again with bashing and fighting.

Who cares!

This should only be between the peoples who are involved!

Not everyone here.

My husband was the one that was sued!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane
Hi Diane,

If the papers weren't pulled and, as you state, the horse can be shown it seems like there has to be more to the story for someone to sue.

What's your husband's name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back