Results are in...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

littlehorse2

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Well I called the vet and the pregnancy test was positive. Trisket is deffinatly going to foal next year. The people that sent her here figure around April, and the vet thinks she's 3-4 months along. I can't wait. I hope everything goes fine.
wub.gif
wub.gif

Is there anything I should be giving her besides her grain, beet pulp and meds? Should I be giving her any other suppliments that would help? I've worked a a breeding bar, but we never gave any suppliments. This will be my first foal and Now that I know that she's pg I'm already nervous.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Christy
wub.gif
laugh.gif

Congratulations and Good Luck on your first baby there is nothing like it. Blessed are the Brood Mares is another good book but can be a little frightening as it covers all mal presentations that you may encounter. Still a very good book and this forum has many people who are very helpful.

backwoodsnanny said:
Congratulations and Good Luck on your first baby there is nothing like it. Blessed are the Brood Mares is another good book but can be a little frightening as it covers all mal presentations that you may encounter.  Still a very good book and this forum has many people who are very helpful.
469889[/snapback]

Congratulations, and I agree with backwoodsnanny. I wouldn't be without my Blessed are the Brood Mares and I also bought Blessed are the foals. These two books I re-view each year before foaling season. I keep it on hand, you never know.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Also, make sure any med's and supplements you give are okay for the foal, while the mare is carry it and while it's nursing. Some med's can hurt the foal. So becareful. I would check with the Vet before giving any. And make sure that they remember your mare is in foal when asking. Vets have to many clients and to many horses, they may remember, but with such a heavy work load, they may forget. I always tell them, this is a pregnant mare, can she have this??
yes.gif

Wishing you the best

Vicky

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
517.gif
517.gif

Thanks everyone.

Vicky- I did ask the vet when he came to check her before we got the results about the meds. He said that those should be fine. They have mostly natural ingrediants in them.

I'll deffinatly look for those books. Can I find then in any book store or should I order them through the tack catalogs I get?

Christy
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back