Restaurants closing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
They've been saying it all over tv and on the radio. People are staying home rather than going out due to the cost of gas, etc. Well, so far this week we've had two restaurants close because they can't afford to stay open. We had a Hardee's close. What is really sad is that they didn't even give them a notice. I guess they just showed up, kicked the customers and employees out and locked the doors. Then today our Cheddars closed. A friend of mine knows the general manager. He didn't even know this was happening until three days ago when someone called because they were interested in buying the building. He then called the corporate office and they finally admitted to him that they were closing, but requested he NOT tell his employees.
default_new_shocked.gif
How about your cities?

Nothing closing here yet, but it makes sense that some restaurants would end up closing, since eating out is one of the most "optional" items that people have to cut costs on. It's really sad to see it happen though.
default_sad.png

Haven't had any close here yet that I know of - we've got them offering free glasses of wine with meals though. Report in the paper today actually was predicting either price rises or closures.

Nothing closing here YET, either. This is so sad. What we have noticed closing is alot of hardware stores, but I am sure part of the reason there is all the new mega stores (Menards, Home Depot, Fleet Farm) that have been built in our shopping area, have taken over the Mom and Pop stores and they cant afford to compete.

We lost a KFC and a movie theater this week. The mall is already half-empty as are several other retail locations, so I don't know how much more we can lose before looking like a ghost town.

Here we had 4 Chilli's close. No notice to employees but the Corporate office is trying to place these employees in their other restaurants in the area. It is truly getting very scary. I thank God everyday that I only travel 1 mile to work and 1 mile home. The stores I shop at are in between work and home. I put about 1500 miles a year on a vehicle now. My daughter has to drive about 20 miles one way to work. It just keeps getting harder for our young people to make a living. I suspect it will get harder yet.

None that I have noticed closeby. But this weekend we stayed put here on the farm. Usually we go out a time or two during the weekend for little odds and ends....but we stayed here. Was fun ...I enjoyed being able to sweat up a storm and not have to think of showering to go out!!
default_biggrin.png

2 restaurants here as well. 4 other stores as well. We are a very very small town so this is hard.

There is only 2 pizza places both owned by same person and chinese place and a breakfast place left.

Only factory in town is laying off so things don't look good.

But not to worry the politicians alll have jobs and insurance......oops sorry I almost got going again.

But I am worried about America will it soon be the home of the poor?
default_wub.png

South central PA-restaurants AND retail stores are going out of business at an alarming rate. We bought and had received many gift cards at Christmas from these places and now they are totally worthless!
default_sad.png
We called our favorite pizza/sub shop last week and the # had been disconnected. We thought it was a mistake so drove there and found the place deserted!!
default_wacko.png
This is getting scary...

None are going out of business here that I have noticed. But we have seen the portion sizes getting smaller. That is good but the prices have gone up too. I had to laugh at the large pizza I bought the other day as it was the size of last year's medium.

I had to go to Fredericksburg, VA yesterday (nearest "big" town) and on the way home, noticed that this new HUGE strip mall with a Home Depot, Pet Smart, etc., has really filled in with the smaller merchants and restaurants taking the spaces between the big anchor stores. Thought that was a good sign and looks like a few more restaurants to give a try as well
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back