Rest In Pease THR Justa Pistol Pipper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Jan just called me from EMA, as she had taken Piper up for a checkup and bloodwork to see how he was progressing.

The tests showed his kidneys were failing and the vets said it was time to make a decision. She has made the difficult decision to let him cross the rainbow bridge before he was in pain. This is a very devastating decision for Jan but she knew that it might come to this.

REST IN PEACE dear Piper, you had a heart and drive as big as the world and I will miss you as much as your mom. We will again see you one day and know that you will be at the bridge when it is our time to join you.

Watch over all the foals and other special minis that have gone before as I know you will. Enjoy the lush green pastures were you are restored to health and we can see you trotting across the hills with your tail held high.

THR JUSTA PISTOL PIPER (HOF)

4-30-1996 7-29-2006

Taken too early, we will miss you greatly, he leaves behind so few to follow in his footprints.

{{{HUGS}}} Jan, I know your pain

I'm leaving now to meet Jan at the farm as she is bring Piper back to be buried on the place. He will always be on the farm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry this ended this way. I know if there was any chance for any other outcome, he would have made it, he had everything stacked in his corner, but there are some things that are insurmountable no matter what we do.

I know it doesn't make it any easier to bear, but she has to know she did for him all that she could and he is free of his pain. Their love and caring relationship will remain as testimony to his life (and hers).

No nobler gift than that, when everything else fails.

Liz M.

Oh No thats so sad..so sorry for your loss...what a hard but right decision to make...
default_wub.png
: {{Hugs to you}}}}

Jan -

I am so, so sorry for your loss... :no:

Liz R.

I am so sorry you had to give him this last gift of freedom from pain.

Ginny StP

I'm SO sorry.
default_sad.png
I showed against this horse, so I know him somewhat.

Jan must be so very devasted.....

I'm so deeply sorry! A special horse that was not only a loss to Jan, but everyone that loved him. I never got to meet him, but I'm crying just the same. Davie please give Jan a big hug for me. If he could have been saved, he would have been. Letting him go is the greatest show of love there is. I'm so sorry!

I know how heartbreaking it is, to have to make a decision to let one of our beloved minis "go". :no: But, it is a decision made with love. HUGS to you Jan. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am very sorry to hear Piper did not make it. I know how sad she must feel.

God bless you all!

Beth

default_sad.png
Oh Jan, please know that I realize nothing I could say would help right now but know that as you bury your boy, Carl and I are thinking about you.

Sincerely, Maxine

I'm so sorry. It's so much harder to do what's right for them, rather than what's right for us in trying to hang on. May he rest in peace.

It is so very hard to say good- bye to our little ones that have given us such joy. Treasure the happy memories. Lavonne

I was thinking about him the other day wondering if he was getting any better. I was hoping no news is good news. I'm so sorry for Jan. Sending prayers for her.

I have quitely been following Piper's progress, and I am so very sorry. When you lose one of these little ones it just breaks your heart. I've been there, and my prayers are with you and Jan now as you grieve. I know it's small consolation, but at least they were together at the end.

I got to Syndi's (Piper's Breeder) just after she got off the phone with Jan.

Jan we LOVE YOU, and know you did the right thing.............Piper is in a much better place, remember those short years and CHERISH EVERY MEMORY.

Latest posts

Back