Rest in Peace, Amy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
A week ago today, April 8th at 7:00 PM, my sweet German Shepherd Amy died. She was the picture of health and everything was fine and normal all day. Nothing seemed wrong. She was sitting in the yard with her ball and when she saw Mr. Retirement coming through the yard she got up to bring the ball to him to invite him to play like she always does. As she got up, she fell back over and was gone instantly. I looked outside to see him under the tree petting her and asked what on earth they were doing laying on the ground together. And he looked back at me and told me "she's gone"..........I tried CPR for the longest time and could not bring her back no matter what. We both then laid on the ground with her in disbelief. We couldn't move, we were in such shock. The day before we had a cook out and as always, she was the star playing with my little grandbaby. Amy had a check up right before Christmas and was in very good health. She had an appointment for her vaccinations this week.

Amy never met a stranger and thought anyone that came here, came to play with her. She greeted everyone with her ball. We used to joke around and say she'd let home invaders in the house as long as they'd play with her. She was very safe for my grandbaby and followed her everywhere as soon as she learned to walk.

I can't tell you how bad we are taking this. Amy was my daughter, my best friend, my confidant, my shadow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwwww sorry for your loss. Lost.my German shepherd jet 10 years ago. Feels like yesterday. Hugs to you. Post a photo of your special "heart dog" when you can. I would love to see her smiling face. Has she sent you a sign yet? Sometimes they do. Thanks to you for sharing and reminding us always to love and appreciate life

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

I don't get on here very much anymore.....but I always enjoyed your stories and adventures with Amy. I was shocked to read this, and heartbroken. I can still picture her sitting there in a pink t-shirt with a floppy ear, and a big puppy grin on her face. I am so sorry you had yet another loss in your life, I know Amy played a big part in helping you and she was a family member and not "just" a pet.

Thinking of you, wishing you all the best. Hugs......

I am so very sorry Marty ((many hugs))
default_no.gif

Marty, I am so so sorry.

I hate to ask, but did you have a vet do a necropsy? Last year,It was Amy that had the sudden bouts of pain that went away as quickly as it came, wasn't it? Please don't take it offensively, it is just so sad for you to have to deal with this, I didn't know if you were seeking out answers. I am so sorry.

Oh no. I am so sorry Marty. That must have been a complete shock for your family. ((((Hugs))))

Oh Marty, I am so sorry to read about Amy. I always read your stories about her and I know how much she was loved. Hugs

Sooo very sorry Marty....you've been in my thoughts a lot over the past week....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

I had to leave my computer and come back to this later when I read it this morning, it just made me so sad for you I couldn't think of a thing to say. How traumatic that must have been. I am so so sorry you lost Amy. ((((Hugs)))) to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back