Response from sales board way goofy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Dang if I didn't get a scammer when I placed a sales board ad last week

Hello,

My name is Thomas i saw your advert placement of your (ad) which am interesting in purchasing it.. I want you to answer all the following question before below :

1)Why do you want to sell it

2)For how long do you have it

3)Is it well okay or what' i mean the present condition.

4)And i will like to have the recent pictures of it .

5)And your LAST ASKING PRICE please get back to me.And i want you to understand that my mode of payment lays on certified cashier's check and i will be handle the pick up....

Thanks

My response to Thomas was

I AM NOT SELLING AN IT !

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

That sounds like the standard scam script we all get and read about here repeatedly. I just hit delete
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been getting so many scam emails! Makes me want to hit delete before I even read.
default_no.gif

Oh, Marty...... Your way response is way nicer than mine is. I get so mad when I get an e-mail from one that I just tell them what I'm thinking at the moment and IT'S NOT lady like either ! LOL

Debby

UGH!

I just got one on my horse trailer... they tried to be slick by not asking a bunch of questions in their first e-mail... actually looked legit until the trade mark comment was made... "what's your best asking price?"

I responded by saying the price was firm.

Got a response back with a HUGE e-mail stating they had discussed with their board of directors and had everything approved......

I got a real good laugh over that!

The e-mail did have the standard we'll send you a check for $17,500 for you to cash and give the agent the difference.

What a bunch of MO-RONS.
default_smile.png

Kim

The sad part is that you know there scheme must work part of the time for them to keep doing it.
default_no.gif

I listed our 2 2008 colts on one of the online classifieds and within a couple hours got 2 emails (from the same person) regarding the colts.. Classic scam with the typical wording like above BUT the kicker was what they wanted to use the colts for, get this: DRESSAGE!!!! I could have died laughing and just hit the delete button lol

Haha! How personal!
default_wacko.png
I'm going to sell a filly this summer and I'm dreading posting her for sale becuase of having to deal with scammers. Geez! :DOH!

The sad part is that you know there scheme must work part of the time for them to keep doing it.
True, and amazing to me that people are still buying into it after all this time. Bet I've had hundreds of scam emails over the last few years......everything from ad responses to the standard "my husband prince of doodah has died and I have selected you to remove $14 million from the country". Gaaah.

Jan

Latest posts

Back